Mergers and Acquisitions - Data Analytics Manager (18059)
- Coordinate with IT personnel to identify, collect and validate data from databases.
- Analyze deal data for trends and outliers.
- Identify opportunities to design and develop modules that enable effective and repeatable analysis of large transactional datasets.
- Work with deal team leaders to identify requirements, design, implement and test analytical methods and solutions.
- Research, identify, test and develop software solutions that may enhance existing client service offerings.
- Provide input to technology initiatives and investments across the M&A lifecycle.
Team members collaborate with other transaction service analytics professionals, members of the deal teams and clients to produce analyses in support of a transaction. This is not a "back-office" position; this is front-line client interaction with significant opportunity for growth and advancement.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience analyzing large datasets
- Demonstrated knowledge or advanced business analytics and data mining solutions
- Solid understanding of multiple business cycles (Accounts Receivable/ Payables, Fixed Assets, Supply Chain, Inventory, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server 2014 & 2017, Microsoft Access, OLAP or other proprietary software)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, as well as demonstrable evidence of effective team leadership, client relationship development and engagement management.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Master of Business Administration or Masters in Data Science
- Experience designing interactive visual interfaces (Tableau, Qlikview)
- Tools to do data ETL (Extract, Transform and Load), particularly Alteryx
- Practical application of machine learning algorithms
- Experience analyzing or managing accounting, financial or transactional data
- Statistical methods in support of data analysis
- Experience with R and/or Python
- CPA, CA certification
An in-depth understanding of the M&A landscape, market experience, and access to our global network of advisors means we have the capabilities to help clients confidently pursue strategic transactions in both domestic and global markets, this includes managing the entire M&A lifecycle. Working with our clients to develop growth strategies based on their organizational goals, our services are designed to help clients be prepared to capitalize on opportunities during the merger, acquisition or divestiture process. Learn more about Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory Mergers and Acquisition practice.