Multistate Tax Manager - State Income and Franchise (29147)
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various tax consulting/compliance engagements.
- Advising clients on a variety of issues including multistate tax planning, accounting for income taxes, restructuring, audit defense, and due diligence.
- Overseeing complex state tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Researching and analyzing a wide range of tax issues and tax implications including apportionment methodology, unitary filings, and nexus considerations.
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing.
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
- 5+ years' experience in state income and franchise tax
- Solid understanding and experience with state tax compliance, tax planning, tax analysis, and tax research
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Strong management experience
- Immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $72900 and $145000