Multistate Tax Manager - Indirect (29144)
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various state and local indirect tax consulting/compliance engagements.
- Acting as a trusted business advisor to clients on a variety of issues including sales & use and excise tax overpayment reviews, tax implications of sales and purchase transactions, audit defense services, nexus planning, and voluntary disclosures.
- Researching and analyzing a wide range of tax issues and tax implications.
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing.
- Assisting with drafting and presenting new proposals to new and existing clients.
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other related field.
- Strong leadership experience.
- 5+ years' experience in state and local indirect tax (sales & use and excise tax).
- Travel up to 40% (due to COVID-19, all non-essential travel has been suspended)
- One of the following accreditations obtained: Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office, Licensed attorney, Enrolled Agent.
- Limited sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM.
- Previous Big 4, large CPA firm experience, relevant industry or state tax jurisdictional experience.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills.
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $72900 and $145000