Advisory - Financial Services Risk, Data & Regulatory Manager (20980)
- Develop and implement enterprise-wide programs to efficiently and comprehensively address regulatory and business requirements
- Respond to evolving regulatory environments
- Lead and deliver small engagements, or components of large, complex engagements for financial services clients. Typical engagements include process improvement, operating model design and implementation, risk assessment and management, and controls testing engagements across three lines of defense
- Use a combination of direct management and hands-on delivery to craft solutions for clients, guide and oversee the quality of the team's deliverables and recommendations and manage day-to-day stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrate appropriate compliance and control of capital and liquidity risk
- Implement programs, measures, and tools to efficiently deploy risk-based capital
- Address limited availability of internal resources and subject matter expertise
- Contribute to Deloitte's thought leadership and business development activities
- Oversee the development of junior staff
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Economics or related field
- 7+ years of experience in a financial services organization (preferably a bank, capital markets organization or broker-dealer), regulatory agency, or consulting firm with a clear record of expertise, accomplishment, and impact
- Demonstrate understanding of business processes, regulatory requirements, internal control risk management, process, data and technology controls and related standards and frameworks as related to financial institutions
- Knowledge of the structure and roles within the risk function at a bank, capital markets organization or broker-dealer, including execution and oversight processes, risk assessment, reporting, controls, testing, and data analytics
- Experience leading smaller engagements or components of large, complex strategy and/or operations transformation engagements
- Experience identifying client business issues, owning responsibility for the quality of deliverables, managing stakeholder relationships, and developing persuasive recommendations
- Demonstrate strong project management skills, executive messaging, deliverable development, and success acclimating to a team delivery model
- Experience building and nurturing positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment to solve business challenges and drive change in large organizations
- Project management lifecycle skills, including defining work flows, defining business, functional, and technical requirements documents, detailed project planning, process and data mapping, defining key risks, testing, status monitoring, problem tracking and resolution
- Experience developing and presenting proposal responses
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills, with high capacity for solving business problems with incomplete information
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Advanced degree and/or certification (e.g. MBA, CRCM, CPA, PMP, or CFA)
- Subject matter expertise in a financial services sub-area like Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Transaction Banking, Wholesale Banking, Cards & Payments, Wealth Management, Investment Management, Real Estate, Private Equity, Capital Markets
- Strong knowledge of a wide range of banking functions, including: credit products and operations, loan products and operations (deposits, credit cards, lending, underwriting), risk management (e.g. credit risk, liquidity risk, operational risk, compliance risk, market risk, interest rate risk, climate risk)
- Experience with environmental, social, and governance risk management
- Experience incorporating climate considerations into business functions (e.g. modeling, stress testing, etc.)
- Strong experience with the contents and implementation of specific regulatory initiatives such as: Dodd-Frank, general consumer compliance, regulatory structure and organizations including the FRB, the CFPB, the OCC, the CFTC, FINRA, and the SEC
An increasingly complex regulatory landscape, we help clients mitigate risk and achieve compliance. We do this by leveraging our deep knowledge of industry regulations and proven methodologies to design, assess, and transform their risk and regulatory processes and data infrastructure. We work with our clients to effectively navigate a regulatory investigation or inquiry, achieving the overall risk profile they need to power their organization forward. Learn more about Deloitte's FSI Risk, Data and Regulatory practice.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.