Communications Senior Manager - Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (18559)
- Working across teams and with multiple stakeholders including the Office of the CEO, Brand, Purpose, Risk, and Public Relations to deliver innovative communications both internally to Deloitte's US and India professionals, and externally.
- Building a robust social media platform for Deloitte's Chief DEI Officer to amplify Deloitte's strategic priorities and commitment to DEI.
- Positioning Deloitte as a thought leader, committed to Diversity & Equity, Inclusion & Belonging, Workforce Well-Being, and making an external impact to lead the change we want to see in the world.
Additionally, the role requires you to:
- Be a creative thinker, someone who thinks outside of the box, and has the ability to implement innovative communication platforms and tools, including leading-edge public relations strategies.
- Navigate a matrixed organizational structure and make the strategic connections across internal and external communications to drive success, including the proven ability to manage external agencies.
- Be a leader, team player, and proactive professional who works and thinks strategically, while guiding the team at the tactical level to deliver high-value communications results.
- Develop internal communications to inspire professionals both in the US and India, increase engagement, and accelerate the adoption curve of initiatives.
- Leverage superlative organizational and project management skills; craft agile short-term and long-term action plans.
- Use strong skills in writing and editing and coach team members on how to impact significant change through written communication.
- Counsel senior leaders regarding communications objectives, programs, and tactics.
- Measure the effectiveness of communications strategies and approaches.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times when dealing with sensitive or proprietary information.
Deloitte's Communications team provides value to the U.S. Firms by delivering innovative communications strategies and approaches for internal and external audiences. We build and protect our brand, and help our leaders influence positive behaviors, drive change, reinforce successes, and promote a strong sense of community through coordinated, consistent messaging. From concept to execution, we help our leaders reach their audience and achieve a consistent standard of excellence using proven communication methodologies.
- Communications professional with at least 12+ years of relevant experience, in multi-dimensional communications programs, including the use of social media
- Experience with and/or deep understanding of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, English, or Journalism, is required.
- Strong writing and editing skills and previous writing/editing experience in internal communications, PR, or journalism fields required.
- Experience in successfully managing and delivering executive communications requests in a large-scale corporate environment preferred.
- Proven ability to research, analyze, and consolidate complex content into cohesive, clear, straightforward messaging.
- Proven success in developing and executing internal communications strategy and communications plans for a large business, preferably in professional services.
- Experience in managing and coaching communications professionals, and teaming across business units.
- Strong knowledge of best practices in corporate communications.
- Experience in measuring the effectiveness of communication strategies and approaches.
- Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word; knowledgeable in all aspects of Microsoft Office and ancillary programs.
- Travel of up to 15% (While 15% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future