Hedge funds-Are you a leader and passionate about financial products and understand tax planning and returns, identifying complex tax issues for a variety of hedge fund clients, Subchapter K, wash sale and constructive sale rules, and aggregate allocations? If this is music to your ears, and you love a challenge and a very fast-paced environment, we have the career for you!
What You'll Do
Tax managers identify complex tax issues and provide tax analyses for a variety of hedge fund clients and their affiliates. The right person should have a solid understanding of Subchapter K related to hedge fund structures, financial products and related tax adjustments, and aggregate allocations. trader vs. investor determination, and identifying necessary federal, international and state investor reporting. Tax managers in our Hedge Fund Tax practice perform detail-level review of tax workpapers, allocations and tax returns, as well as perform research to advise on transactional and tax planning opportunities with the support of our robust Washington National Tax group. Tax managers build relationships as they coordinate and communicate with the client contacts to gather information. They also train, mentor and supervise seniors and new and experienced-level staff as well attend required national and sector-specific training for their own development.
As global leaders in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte Tax LLP works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their investors/customers. Our US tax industry group is comprised of more than 1,400 partners, principals, and employees providing a spectrum of tax services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including hedge funds, private equity, alternative products, family offices, mutual funds, broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies, and other investment managers.
• 4+ years' experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field
• Certified or in the process of obtaining a CPA, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification
• Demonstrated basic understanding of Subchapter K, financial products, wash sale and constructive sale rules, as well as familiarity with aggregate allocations
• Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
• Experience managing projects, including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence and billing.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Previous Big 4 experience
• Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting