Tax Data Technologist Manager (22924)
- Lead business development activities related to state and local tax technology offerings.
- Draft and present proposals to new and existing clients.
- Lead delivery on MTS client projects, especially related to application of emerging technologies.
- Act as a trusted business advisor to clients on a variety of state and local tax technology issues.
- Maintain and develop strong client relationships on various state tax consulting / compliance engagements.
- Identify client needs and leverage Deloitte's range of services and extensive resources to meet those needs, and cross-sell among various lines of service.
- Provide leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
- 5+ years of experience in an accounting firm or corporate tax environment
- Strong technology, analytics, and data skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- ONESOURCE compliance /provision software tools, corporate tax compliance
- Data extract/transform/load (ETL) tools (e.g. Alteryx, Informatica, PAXATA)
- Data visualization and analytics tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, QlikView)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification (either in process or able/willing to obtain)
- State tax experience- general to advance expertise
- Limited sponsorship may be available
- Experience in Corptax
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Excel at multi-tasking and working in challenging, fast-paced environment
- Enjoys business development activities
- Innovative and entrepreneurial