Project Delivery Manager II (23138)
- As a Project Delivery Manager II in the Technology group you will:
- On occasion, lead a project of moderate size and complexity, or one or more work streams in a larger project
- Communicate project delivery schedule and milestones while maintaining productive and professional relationships with client
- Develop new practices or modify pre-established practices to execute work appropriately in order to achieve efficiency and increase performance
- Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the client's mission through the management and guidance of multiple work streams, teams, and clients
- Support engagements related but not limited to Systems Implementation, Operations & Maintenance, Helpdesk Operations, Software & Application Development and Maintenance
- Provide input to key deliverable structure and content, as well as facilitating buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels
- Direct timely delivery of quality work products for the client
- Manage engagement risk
- Provide professional development of junior staff performing the role of counselor and coach, as well as providing leadership and support
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The GPS Human Services Transformation offering designs and implements large, complex systems development and transformation projects to Human Service agencies across federal, state, and local government agencies as well as higher education institutions. With end-users, customers, and workers at the center, we collaborate with our clients to deliver quality human services and work to support individuals in need. Some areas that we focus on include Children Services, Eligibility & Enrollment, Child Support Enforcement, and Labor & Workforce Development.
- 9 or more years of consulting and/or industry experience
- Ability to support engagements of greater than average size and complexity
- Ability to lead multiple teams and multiple clients with confidence
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to mentor and manage junior staff and further their professional growth
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Prior professional services or government consulting experience
- Bachelor's Degree
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.