Industrial Products & Construction Research Senior Manager, Deloitte Research Center for Energy & Industrials (24066)
- Provide innovative and strategic insights to support the growth of the ER&I industry, sectors, and client portfolio via in depth analytical reports, client briefings and issue summaries
- Position and evolve Deloitte's brand with clients and the marketplace
We are seeking a full-time industrial products & construction research senior manager to support the research, writing and analysis of industry issues. The primary output will be quantitative analysis and research papers that address key issues facing industrial companies, investors and stakeholders.
- Bachelors Degree; Master's degree/ MBA preferred
- 8 - 10 years of relevant professional experience in the industrial products and/or manufacturing industry
- Previous position in management consulting, government relations, or academia preferred
Subject Matter Qualifications
- In depth knowledge of the US/global industrial products and manufacturing sectors is required (e.g. industrial conglomerates, engineering and construction, heavy equipment, aerospace & defense)
- Familiarity with key industry data sources and analytical models/scenarios is preferred.
- Ability to work with external partners and internal cross-sectoral teams to craft effective and concise insights and research.
- Strong writing and editorial skills with an ability to translate research to client perspectives and concerns.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills; ability to think creatively and bring data modeling and other analysis to key industry issues
- Exposure to and training in analytical methods, including: statistical methods, interpretation of statistical results; statistical software/visualization tools such as SPSS, ® STATA, R, or Tableau is a plus
- Strong people skills with an ability to shape/influence the strategic thinking of senior business executives (internal and external) on emerging issues/trends
- Build relationships and credibility with internal senior practice leaders by demonstrating consultative skills that generate demand for projects that are aligned with firm and Research Center priorities
- Strong public speaking ability, including presenting papers and research at senior leadership meetings, conferences, webinars and client meetings
- Strong project management skills and an excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter, independent thinker and resourceful
- Ability to work effectively with others, many of whom may be geographically remote
- Collegial and team-oriented; willing to pitch in and "wear many hats"
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility and adaptability required
- Coaching capabilities, particularly around the research and writing process
- Ideal candidate located in east or central time zones including the following major cities: Boston, NYC, DC, Chicago.
- Limited immigration sponsorship ma be available