Banking-Financial Services-Transformation Strategy & Design (TS&D) Manager
Deloitte's Transformation Strategy & Design market offering focuses on what we call "big T" Transformations - we help deliver fundamental shifts for our clients who are looking to either optimize, evolve, or reinvent their business.
By helping them articulate their transformation ambition, architect new business models, design new capabilities that capitalize on emerging technology, configure an enterprise operating model, and optimize their organizational profitability, we help our clients organize and realize their transformation goals. Due to the unprecedented impact of digital and disruptive drivers influencing enterprise decision-making from "tip-of-the-spear" strategic thinking, down through the capabilities that enable forward-thinking transformation ambitions, the role of designing transformations with a business and cost-focused lens is extremely important.
Often our clients must fund their transformations by turning inward, improving core business efficiency and profitability by focusing on multiple value levers-growth, liquidity, cost, talent, and risk - to fund and incubate new business models and/or new operational structures that we help design. Deloitte's TS&D practice helps our clients understand trade-offs between margin-improvement opportunities and rapidly identify offerings with the greatest impact and long-term value to their business. Our work helps unlock the funding clients need to grow and transform their business.
Work you'll do
You will lead a team and advise clients as you assess the transformational catalysts that trigger our client's ambition, help them define where they want to go, and ultimately orient them on a path to success as they weigh costs and benefits of their transformation effort.
Manager level responsibilities include: identifying business and cost transformation opportunities that includes traditional drivers (centralization, standardization, process improvement, organization restructuring) as well as digital drivers (intelligent automation, conversational AI and others), providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement. You will be expected to implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance. Managers participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities. You will have the opportunity to lead small engagements or components of large, complex engagements.
Deloitte's Strategy practice brings together several key capabilities to architect integrated programs that transform our clients' businesses, including Strategic Growth Transformation, Transformation Strategy & Design, Technology Strategy & Business Transformation, and AI & Data Strategy.
Strategy professionals serve as trusted advisors to our clients, working with them to make clear, data-driven choices about where to play and how to win in order to drive growth and unlock enterprise value.
Strategy Consultants help our clients:
• Identify strategies for growth and value creation
• Develop the appropriate business models, operating models, and capabilities to support their strategic vision
• Maximize the ROI on technology investments and leverage technology and Cloud trends to architect future business strategies
• An undergraduate degree and 6+ years of experience in management consulting in operations improvement, transformation, merger and integration, or business process reengineering around global cost reduction or development of global growth strategies
• 4+ years of experience in banking industry (i.e. Commercial or Retail Banking)
• Experience in financial analysis and working with data inputs from multiple sources
• Experience with developing models using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visual Basic, or other tools (Tableau)
• Experience working with senior executives to develop, define and execute cost/growth reduction strategies with Fortune 500 companies
• Experience in delivering global, organizational cost improvement / transformation strategies
• Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagements.
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
• Strong collaboration and teaming skills
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Possess ability to influence others and lead team
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Advanced degree
• Experience with analytics to evaluate and optimize business processes
• Knowledge of or experience in broader G&A functions (i.e. HR, IT, Finance, Procurement, Commercial Operations)
• Willingness to mentor junior staff
• Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices