M&A Strategy Manager (14760)
- Collaborating with clients to define growth strategy
- Thinking entrepreneurially for business development and selling
- Evaluating inorganic growth strategies and providing analysis
- Developing operational recommendations to help increase EBITDA
- Managing teams of 2-5 consultants
- Serving as the primary day to day contact for client executives
- You will be expected to implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team to ensure exceptional performance.
- Managers participate in business development activities.
The M&A Strategy Practice
M&A Strategy advises clients regarding the inorganic growth, portfolio rationalization, and associated risk profiles that serve as a catalyst for a transaction, restructuring and cost transformation event. Our professionals assist clients to: Optimize their portfolio Identify the right targets and assess fit to their strategic objectives. Work with senior executives to develop corporate development, and define how they employ M&A-in alignment with their corporate strategy-to drive profitable growth and enable them to compete effectively in their industry. This is provided through corporate strategy, organic and inorganic growth paths, target profiles and investment thesis. Test the information that informs a client's M&A deal valuation and post-merger acquisition plan. We can validate a target's recurring revenue, growth, and margin sustainability, as well as conduct rapid primary research on its markets, customers, suppliers, and competitors worldwide. Develop hypotheses for value creation and transformation creatively; Assess value, costs, timing and risks for opportunities through strategic and operational diligence. Our professionals assist clients with critically evaluating a target's attractiveness through operational assessments and risk mitigation strategies. We link these findings to deal value for informed transaction decision-making, negotiations, and eventual strategic and financial value realization.
- A candidate must have M&A or M&A Service Delivery Experience in the following areas:
- Participating in setting engagement objectives and scope.
- Framing issues and breaking into hypotheses to be solved
- Developing work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including designing deliverable content
- Managing teams to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results.
- Managing cross-functional teams to deliver M&A engagements across all of phases of the M&A lifecycle including due-diligence, pre-close, and post-merger integration.
- Collaborating with practitioners in other practices and businesses Identifying and assessing targets based on meaningful screening criteria that can include a client's strategic objectives, potential synergies, organizational and cultural fit, and the feasibility of a deal based on the client's corporate strategy, market expectations and corresponding portfolio gaps.
- Providing corporate and private equity buyers with a broad continuum of advisory services to support mergers, acquisitions, carve-outs, investment and financing structures, disposition alternatives and post-transaction activities.
- Partnering with senior executives to define how they employ M&A - in alignment with their corporate strategy - to drive profitable growth and enable them to compete effectively in their industry.
- Providing industry insight and analytical support using data mining, pattern matching, data visualization, and predictive modelling tools to produce analysis and algorithms that enables pre-deal and post-deal integration, divestiture, and major restructuring/cost transformation activities to achieve/exceed deal value, synergy targets, or strategic cost takeout objectives.
- Managing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Managing day-to-day interactions with executive clients and sponsors; develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients.
- Participating and leading aspects of the proposal development process; contributing to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
- Identifying and developing add-on sales opportunities
- Performing role of counselor and coach; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
- Improving internal processes, and promote knowledge sharing in the team, by contributing to the community of practice, blogs, and other forms of market eminence.
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years consulting and/or industry experience; alternatively an MBA with 5+ years relevant work experience is acceptable.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (=, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Ability to apply practical experience with communications, culture, and change management.
- Ability to perform analysis and synthesize data into useful insights.
- Experience in financial analysis, and operational performance improvement analysis.
- Experience with staff development and eagerness to mentor junior practitioners.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- An advanced degree is preferred.