Document Review Services
Regulatory & Legal Support
Ready for an exciting and fast-paced career? Have a passion for turning business issues into opportunities for growth, resilience and long-term advantage? As a Regulatory & Legal Support Manager at Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to address our clients' needs to manage regulatory compliance, enforcement actions, litigations, disputes, financial crime, and other investigation-related matters. You will anticipate emerging threats through the use of market-leading technology to uncover possibilities that others may fail to find, and ultimately help clients turn business issues into successful opportunities.
Work you'll do
Deloitte's managed review team assists organizations and their legal counsel by helping to improve the overall document review process. Our focus is on streamlining the review, improving accuracy, and creating cost savings through leading practices and workflows such as pre-and post-processing data culling, the use of predictive coding and other analytics, and providing real-time reporting.
In addition, as part of managed review, our experienced team of attorneys and analytics professionals will provide consultative support to outside counsel regarding quality control workflows, privilege logs, document chronologies and synopses, and assistance with deposition and trial preparation.
A Document Review Manager will oversee the day-to-day activities on client engagements, including supervising and assisting in the training and mentoring of Consultants and Senior Consultants. Responsibilities include designing the scope of work for various engagements while compiling, analyzing, and documenting facts for matters under investigation, currently in litigation, or in response to regulatory matters. Managers will develop implementation plans, provide recommendations to clients and counsel, and define resource requirements and project budgets. Managers are also responsible for billing and collections, maintaining client relationships and ensuring client satisfaction. Managers will participate in drafting RFP responses, engagement letters and Statements of Work, and will attend industry conferences and tradeshows and develop initiatives to improve capabilities of the practice. Review Managers will also collaborate closely with eDiscovery data managers on engagements to provide seamless delivery to our clients.
- JD required
- 5+ years of eDiscovery/Discovery Consulting experience
- 5+ years experience working with Relativity and other database platforms, and demonstrated experience in the eDiscovery lifecycle including document collection, processing, review and production
- 5+ years experience consulting with clients on Technology Assisted Review including emerging technologies
- Experience managing teams of eDiscovery professionals across multiple geographic locations
- Communicate effectively to all levels of engagement leadership
- Balance multiple client projects and other responsibilities and strong ability to properly delegate work load
- Demonstrated ability to provide services involving accounting and business consulting projects; participate in client presentations.
- Understanding of corporate law department operations and eDiscovery processes and tools and systems
- Understanding of information governance and document retention in the context of eDiscovery
- Ability to describe complex technical concepts and ideas in non-technical terms
- Ability to provide strategy and operations design and implementation services
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must be flexible with the travel requirements of client service projects (While travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future