Washington National Tax Senior Manager - Tax Controversy (17490)
- Research, address, and consult on technical issues specific to IRS practice and procedural issues including tax, penalty and interest assessments, statutes of limitation for refunds and assessments, missed elections, and IRS examination and IRS appeals matters.
- Prepare written communications to the IRS regarding penalty abatement requests.
- Assist on IRS account issues, corrections and reconciliations.
- Work with other WNT groups on IRS practice and procedural issues that affect other technical matters such as corporate taxation, partnerships, international tax, mergers and acquisitions and due diligence matters.
- Represent clients at various levels of IRS controversy, including examination and appeals.
- Develop and present training materials and other information to educate Deloitte Tax professionals on IRS practice and procedure issues
- Develop and participate in internal and external webcasts.
Deloitte Tax's WNT professionals offer unique insight into the many factors affecting taxation, from the tax policies that drive federal tax legislation, to understanding the technical nuances that may create compliance exposure. Professionals in the WNT practice are a select group of specialists whose knowledge, skills, and experience are integral to understanding technical issues. Deloitte Tax's WNT professionals work closely with the local office tax professionals and clients to evaluate complicated issues and help manage risk in today's increasingly sophisticated business world.
The Tax Controversy team can assist clients with IRS interactions during the tax examination life cycle, from pre-filing through post-appeals, as well as return processing, account analysis, and interest computation. Our Tax Controversy specialists are highly experienced in IRS policies, procedures, and examination approaches. The team includes former IRS officials, industry tax executives, and former government litigators.
Learn more about Deloitte Tax.
- 8+ years tax experience
- Experience representing clients in federal tax controversies or representing the government in federal tax matters
- Bachelor's degree
- One of the following accreditations:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office
- Licensed attorney
- Travel up to 10 percent (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Strong understanding of IRS operations, its procedures and its processes
- Excellent communication, public speaking, research and writing skills required
- Experience with developing, mentoring and counseling staff level team members