Oil, Gas & Chemicals Research Manager, Deloitte Research Center for Energy & Industrials (18536)
- Provide innovative and strategic insights to support the growth of the ER&I industry, sectors, and client portfolio via in depth analytical reports, client briefings and issue summaries
- Position and evolve Deloitte's brand with clients and the marketplace
We are seeking a full-time oil, gas and chemicals research manager to support the research, writing and analysis of oil and gas industry issues. The primary output will be research papers and thought leadership that address key issues facing oil & gas companies, investors and stakeholders.
- Undergraduate BA or BS
- Master's degree/ MBA preferred
- 6-8 years of relevant professional experience in the oil, gas industry, longer experience preferred
- Previous position(s) in management consulting, public policy, government relations, think tanks, or academia preferred
Subject Matter Qualifications
- In depth knowledge of oil & gas market fundamentals is required.
- Thorough knowledge across the oil & gas value chain: upstream, midstream, downstream, LNG, oilfield services and petrochemicals is required.
- Familiarity with key industry data sources and analytical models/scenarios is preferred.
- Strong writing and editorial skills with an ability to translate research to client perspectives and concerns.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills; ability to think creatively and bring data modeling and other analysis to key industry issues
- Exposure to and training in analytical methods, including: statistical methods, interpretation of statistical results; statistical software/visualization tools such as SPSS, ® STATA, R, or Tableau is a plus
- Self-starter, independent thinker and resourceful
- Ability to work effectively with others, many of whom may be geographically remote
- Collegial and team-oriented; willing to pitch in and "wear many hats"
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong project management skills and an excellent attention to detail
- Strong people skills with an ability to shape/influence the strategic thinking of senior business executives (internal and external) on emerging issues/trends
- Build relationships and credibility with internal senior practice leaders by demonstrating consultative skills that generate demand for projects that are aligned with firm and Research Center priorities
- Strong public speaking ability, including presenting papers and research at senior leadership meetings, conferences, webinars and client meetings
- Flexibility and adaptability required
- Coaching capabilities, particularly around the research and writing process
- Ability to travel on an occasional basis
- Ideal candidate located in east or central time zones including the following major cities: Boston, NYC, DC, Houston, Dallas
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.