Tax Sr. Manager (Attorney), Tax Controversy - National Federal Tax Services, Global Investment & Innovation Incentives (Gi3) (15386)
- Advising and supporting R&D client engagements, including analyzing contracts for credit eligibility
- Examination planning and representation
- IRS Appeals representation
- Drafting of tax opinions, rebuttals and memoranda
- Assisting with drafting and presenting proposals to new and existing clients
- Providing leadership, counseling, training, and career guidance for the development and motivation of team members
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Gi3 Tax Controversy team provides dispute resolution services to clients with respect the section 41 research credit. Our Gi3 Tax Controversy specialists serve Fortune 100 companies, across an expansive variety of industries. Our team is committed to leveraging our research and advocacy expertise to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients.
- Juris Doctorate
- Licensed Attorney
- 8+ years' federal tax experience, including federal tax controversy experience
- Ability to travel up to 25% (While up to 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Previous law firm, IRS, Treasury, Big 4, or accounting firm experience
- Previous experience managing R&D engagements and/or R&D tax controversy matters
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid management experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center .
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you .
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte .
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world .
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals .