Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Government Health Actuary Manager (25551)
Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment? Our Human Capital practice is on the forefront of helping to solve the government's most complex challenges - from the organizational shifts that result from rapidly evolving missions, to declining job satisfaction, duplication of HR services across agencies, and continuously rising costs of HR systems. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to work with government clients, consider a career in Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice.
Work you'll do
As a Deloitte Consulting Health Actuary Manager in Deloitte's GPS Human Capital Actuarial and Insurance Solutions Practice, you will assist Deloitte Senior Managers and Partners in providing strategic and technical consulting services to Federal and State governments, employer groups, and other public entities.
At Deloitte, you can be a part of the transformation of the health care sector. Deloitte's health actuaries are participating in the development of evidence-based medicine, social drivers of health, and the transition of payments from paying for what is done to paying for the value provided. These types of problems require actuaries who are not only technically strong, but also can be innovative, capable of addressing ill defined, complex problems and have a business orientation.
The Organization Transformation practice is about transforming the organization (and the benefits providers that serve them) to support its business strategy. This involves helping our clients move from where they are today to where they need to be in the future. It could include changing the organization's culture, modernizing specific functions, re-designing the organization structure, and will require a combination of change management actions to execute the transformation. To enable our success, it will be critical to use data and insights to inform better ways of working together.
- 8 years of health actuarial experience and consulting and/or health plan/insurance company experience
- 3 years' experience with Medicaid managed care rate setting
- ASA with progression to FSA, FSA, or career ASA designation
- Willingness to travel at least 25%
- Due to COVID-19, certain on-site client work has been suspended until further notice, however, on-site work in Albany, NY may be required on a case-by-case basis for this position.
- Experience leading teams and managing client/executive relationships
- Experience providing Medicaid consulting services to Government agencies
- Experience with Medicaid waivers (i.e., 1115, 1915 b/c, 1332)
- Experience with risk adjustment mechanisms
- Experience with Provider reimbursement streams (i.e., DSH, UPL, etc)
- Experience with health care reform and working knowledge of the individual medical and small group markets
- Experience with Medicare products, including Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement products for various enrollee types
- Familiarity with group insurance products including disability, long term care, etc.
- Experience with product design and/or product strategy
- Experience with reimbursement models - including value based care/ACO modeling