International Tax - Transfer Pricing - Manager
Business beyond borders. Transfer pricing on a global scale-a multidisciplinary field that integrates economics, business, legal, and tax principles in the evaluation of global intercompany transactions. You must know what you're doing on the ground in every locality and how that impacts every other location and the overall international strategy of the client, while staying current with ever-evolving challenges and regulations. Experience the world with a view beyond borders! If you have a passion for global consulting, and the mindset to conceptualize these complex and evolving needs, Deloitte has the perfect position for you that's out of this world!
What You'll Do
As a Manager in Transfer Pricing, you will provide clients the critical knowledge to deal effectively with intercompany pricing issues. This multidisciplinary group, comprised of professionals with backgrounds in tax, economics, law, engineering, and accounting, brings a well-rounded approach to each engagement.
Responsibilities will include:
• Working with Ph.D. economists, tax attorneys, business professionals, and tax specialists in a team environment to analyze and resolve international transfer pricing issues faced by multinational enterprises in a wide variety of industries.
• Supervising assignments of engagement staff, and providing leadership, counseling, and training to Consultants and Senior Consultants.
• Being an integral part of the client-facing team and developing a comprehensive understanding of your client's business and the broader industry in which they operate.
• Managing and overseeing detailed economic and financial analyses, as well as more complex modeling and empirical analyses.
• Assisting in drafting proposals, reports, document requests, client presentations, and other client materials.
Members of the highly-specialized Deloitte Tax Transfer Pricing group work to develop transfer pricing strategies, audit defense, and documentation to cover the spectrum of transfer pricing issues. Transfer pricing is an international practice that is client-facing, providing unique opportunities to work with global Deloitte teams on international engagements. Transfer Pricing practitioners, utilizing the latest technology and strategies, develop a rich set of skills that combine the rigor of modeling, empirical analysis, and economic ideas with the interaction and energy of a global consultancy practice, to help clients work with complex and dynamic issues surrounding transfer pricing needs on a global level.
Euromoney Magazine and the International Tax Review have consistently rated Deloitte's transfer pricing group as a top practice, both in the United States and globally. Deloitte provides a rewarding, professional experience with competitive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for professional growth. Fortune, Business Week, and Working Mother magazine's consistently rank Deloitte among the best places to work.
• 5+ years of experience working in Transfer Pricing with the technical skills and professional qualities necessary to provide our clients with the quality service they expect
• BA, Masters, or Ph.D. in Economics, Finance, Management, Business, Public Policy, Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics, or equivalent
• Prior supervisory experience
• Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• At least one of the following Accreditations:
o Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office
o Licensed Attorney
o Enrolled Agent
o BA, Masters, or Ph.D. in Economics, Finance, Management, or equivalent (Masters or Ph.D. preferred)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Big 4 experience
• Highly motivated transfer pricing expert with a deep understanding of transfer pricing principles, their theory and interpretation
• Strong project management skills and verbal communication skills