Telecom Networks Cloud Operations Transformation Manager
Our Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) industry clients include some of the most valued companies in the U.S. and many of the world's top global brands. We are poised to help clients shape their evolving business models, scale and transform their operations, modernize their processes and technologies, and constantly improve their customer experience. Our Telecommunications, Media & Entertainment sector includes the world leaders in telecommunications, media, entertainment, sports, business information services, and digital platform companies - for search, social, marketing, analytics, etc.
Core Business Operations-Cloud Engineering
Our Cloud Engineering offering focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from on-premise or co-location to Cloud. Our client base has a broad reach across Telecommunication, Media and Entertainment (TME) with a range of national broadcast and entertainment companies, games studios and includes social media giants and telecommunication companies. Our goal is to help them see and realize the cloud transformational as an opportunity for business enablement by improving their agility and resilience, identifying opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation resulting in competitive advantage. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering practice is a key part of the Cloud Engineering offering. Infrastructure and platform play an ever-increasing role in business-critical applications and is crucial to supporting operations and reliability. Our practitioners help clients optimize their infrastructure and guide them through a transformative journey that enables the adoption of technology-based disruptors such as Hybrid Cloud, Machine Learning and IoT in their business.
Work you'll do
As part of our team, you will engage with Practitioners and Professionals across our TME clients from various disciplines within both our consulting practices and from our client's organizations. During engagements, exposure to multiple technologies will provide you opportunities to become an expert and to expand your skillset into new areas. Our practitioners lead/support technical teams to architect, build, and deploy cloud solutions across public, private and hybrid cloud environments within the TME Industries. Our practitioners are expected to own and deliver their respective outcomes while managing different clients and other stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience within the Telecommunications space; cloud infrastructure or networks infrastructure preferred
- Prior consulting experience with large consulting firm or serving as an internal consultant in industry
- Excellent understanding of Telecom Networks (LTE, 5G, Wireline), OSS (Operations Support Systems) Platforms/ Tools, Cloud & DevOps
- Solid core consulting skills (Storyboarding, Logical Structuring, Executive Presentation, Client Interviewing, Business Case development, etc.)
- Experience leading large operations transformation engagements within the Telecom Networks space
- 3+ years of end-to-end experience in Project/Program Management
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- A specific and relatively nuanced understanding of the hyperscale cloud providers features and capabilities specifically relating to Telecom industry and clients
- Team leadership skills, knowledge and experience in delivery of Cloud based solutions
- Experience in assisting Senior leadership team to design technology, process landscape and develop overall solution strategy
- System Development methodology familiarity, people/soft skills and leadership presentation.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for designing, implementing, and maintaining infrastructure and service availability throughout the system life cycle