Senior Manager - Global Trade Advisory (29862)
- Helping companies manage global compliance requirements and realize efficiencies in their global supply chain.
- Advising U.S. and foreign multinational companies on global import and export strategies and compliance.
- Working with clients to assess and deploy technology solutions to enable international trade management operations.
- Supervising assignments by the Global Trade professionals serving as Consultants, Senior Consultants, and Managers.
- Developing and motivating the engagement staff by providing them with leadership, counselling, and career guidance.
- Assisting Partners, Principals, and Directors with day-to-day operations of practice
- Leading large-scale business development initiatives
Our Global Trade Advisory practice is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP's International Tax business and advises U.S. and foreign multinational companies on global import and export strategies, compliance, and technology enablement. The Global Trade Advisory practice is composed of attorneys, operations experts, technology specialists, customs brokers, auditors, and trade management professionals who help importers and exporters achieve worldwide compliance and realize efficiencies and advantages in their global supply chain. The group works with clients to assess and potentially automate their international trade management procedures within all major trading regions.
- 8+ years of experience in Import, Export and/or Technology Enablement experience (operational, government, law firm, or consulting)
- Bachelor's degree in a legal, business or technology related field
- Project management experience indicating strong organizational, data management, project planning, project execution, and people skills
- Business management and financial leadership experience indicating ability to plan and manage budgets, financials, and operations
- Experience with helping clients assess and implement technology solutions to enable trade operations
- Experience leading and managing global project teams
- Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- SAP SD/MM Certifications
- One of the following Accreditations obtained, or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office
- Certified US Export Compliance Officer (CUSECO)
- US Customs Broker License
- Licensed Attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Other certification (upon approval)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Prior consulting experience
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
- Foreign language skills
- Experienced in business development and client management
- A self-starter with the ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
- Familiarity with implementing and configuring trade management software such as SAP GTS, Oracle GTM, etc., to manage import/export compliance
- Familiarity with global trade management software as well as software aptitude in Access, Excel, and/or Visio
- Strong research, writing, communication, and presentation skills, and detail-orientated
- Ability to proactively develop internal and external relationships and effectively speak to Import/Export compliance issues
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing Import/Export compliance programs