Senior Manager, Systems Security Architecture ( 564793-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The primary responsibility will to manage technical personnel that will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of a system architecture for providing security services. The incumbent will be responsible for managing all activities for system engineering and architecture to include design, development, and implementation of security service equipment. The equipment in the security service architecture will include but not limited to Cisco, Juniper routers and Arista switches, Gigamon appliances, Palo Alto, Juniper and Cisco firewalls, F5 or other load balancer based IP solutions, Windows server support environment as well as Virtual Machine architecture to operate developed security services.
- Providing Tier III technical support for the security services.
- Designing, writing and executing various test plans on commercial and in-house developed architecture elements using state of the art test tools and hardware.
- Writing whitepapers and delivering presentations in response to customer requirements/interests in new technologies/products to support customer network and security services.
What we’re looking for...
You have in-depth working knowledge of Ethernet, MPLS, TCP/IP, VPN, and IP Telephony. You possess full working knowledge of the OSI model, routing protocols and their application to network configurations.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.
- Experience in Network design, operational support, hands-on implementation and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, firewalls, security appliances and/or switches.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Previous management experience.
- Knowledge of test equipment to include Spirent TestCenter (Avalanche/Reflector).
- CCNA certification or JNCIP certification.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Willingness to respond to trouble calls after hours is necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.