Technical Project Manager ( 564791-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Program/Project Manager is responsible for proposal development as well as project management duties for implementation of services won in the proposal cycle. This position will help generate revenue. Proposal writing duties include proposals for existing products and services as well as new revenue bearing customer applications that strengthen the company’s and department’s objectives.
- Develop product enhancements to the department’s existing suite of services and new standardized product offerings, including facilitating the creation of the corresponding product description and business model.
- Project Management duties include leading cross functional teams through all service implementation and product development activities.
- Orchestrate the activities of multiple functional disciplines to deliver products and services to the customer.
- Synthesize large complex customer business and technical requirements into manageable pieces, lead internal and external customer meetings, develop comprehensive proposal and implementation project schedules, and meet deadlines.
- Serve as the key customer point of contact for their programs.
- Work with both internal and external customers on a daily basis, and deliver customer and executive briefings on a variety of topics including status updates, technical issues/solutions, pricing, and schedule timelines.
- Be a subject matter expert on their customer’s as well as department needs and keep the customer informed on the products and services Verizon offers to meet those requirements.
- Responsible for the leadership of a work group and/or development of broad programs or projects in support of organizational or area strategies.
- Communicate & translate functional/operational goals into team goals; manage implementation of policies and procedures.
- Oversee all aspects of the development & implementation of more than one large project and provide a single point of contact for those projects - original concept thru final implementation.
- Act independently or as a member of a highly skilled technical team responsible for fulfilling complex business requirements with the implementation of reliable & efficient automated solutions; may be enterprise wide initiatives.
- Receive broad guidance & is accountable for project or program results.
- Exercise considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Develop resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity, analysis of situations or data that requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Previous program and/or project management experience.
- Ability to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- B.S. or B.A. degree.
- Three or more years of program/project management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities, have strong financial acumen as well as a strong technical understanding of one or more aspects of telecommunications (i.e. voice, data and/or IP networking).
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Project, Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and a strong understanding of systems development, database management techniques and applications deployment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.