Senior Project Manager - Retail ( 566323-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Project Manager (Sr. PM) is responsible for managing a line of business with multiple projects. You are responsible for prioritizing projects, tracking and communicating scope and reporting, load balance planning for resources, and communicating status and risk to high-level clients. You must exhibit outstanding project management and client communication skills in achieving the highest possible standards in client service. You need basic knowledge of clients’ business challenges to provide communications solutions and project management execution. You will also be expected to participate in creative development meetings to ensure final output is on mark. In addition, you will provide project management follow-through and accurate delivery.
- Partners with the lead Account and Creative Directors to lead and direct teams on paths forward, problem solving and prioritizations.
- Develops and maintains solid client relationships; encourages a collaborative approach with departmental team members.
- Educates clients on cost savings and leveraging opportunities aligned with their marketing efforts.
- Partners with outside agencies in managing clients’ promotional and marketing efforts.
- Writes creative briefs on complex projects and interprets them for project teams in order to lead communication strategies and implement marketing efforts.
- Recommends the effective reuse of past materials when appropriate, to minimize client costs.
- Collaborates on creative development and direction with client, design and production teams.
- Presents concepts to clients, obtains feedback and translates that feedback for the project team.
- Reviews client change requests and responds with schedule/cost impacts along with alternatives.
- Manages expectations with clients and departmental teams; Negotiates timelines and budgets and ensures that all deadlines are maintained.
- Ensures all regulatory, legal and compliance and branding guidelines are followed to the letter on their assigned businesses.
- Provides final sign-off on projects to ensure compliance with creative brief and project specifications.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of professional level experience in a project management role either in an external or internal advertising agency.
- Proven track record at client service in a marketing or creative environment.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising or business or four or more years of work experience.
- A degree.
- Experience managing budgets in excess of 2.5 million dollars.
- Project management experience preferably including print, direct marketing campaigns, online, promotions, TV, and radio.
- Strong knowledge of the benefits of the above communication channels, with the ability to match the channel with the client’s communication needs.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams, both through idea generation and assessment of ideas generated by others.
- Team player with excellent relationship building skills.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Written, verbal, communication and presentation skills.
- Creative project management skills, highly organized and ability to multitask effectively.
- Ability to gain client trust and effectively manage client expectations.
- Strong knowledge of the creative process as well as design and print/web production.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.