Manager, Tax Analysis & Debt Investments (33946)
- Calculating and/or reviewing taxable income on debt investments including OID, market discount, premium, gain / loss, tax basis, and other items using Deloitte's proprietary TARDI software and tools.
- Leveraging proprietary software, third party data providers, and credit agreements to research asset level debt origination terms for corporate bond portfolios, mortgage-backed security portfolios, and mortgage loan pools.
- Leading client engagements: responsible for communicating with client, managing and supporting professionals on our team, developing a game plan to execute on the client engagement and reviewing deliverables.
- Performing tax research to address tax technical issues that arise related to debt investment related transactions. Train younger professionals on the technical issues that are applicable in our business.
- Developing requirements for TARDI system enhancements and ongoing testing of TARDI system calculations, processes, and reporting.
- Supporting pursuit of new client opportunities through review of prospective client debt holdings, development of marketing decks, and analysis of industry public filings.
- Working within a team and supporting and mentoring junior staff.
- 5+ years of full-time professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, MIS, or related field required
- Practical knowledge in fixed income financial products, income tax principles, debt instruments and/or project management
- Big 4 experience or equivalent
- Data Analytics experience and solid technology skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification (either in process or able/willing to obtain)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Ability to travel as needed. (Due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, LLM or other applicable degree
- Proven problem-solving capabilities
- Experience serving clients or directly working within the financial services industry
- CPA, CFA, PMP, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification
- Solid experience in financial system design and implementation
- Background in financial portfolio review, regulatory reporting and bond administration