Portland Financial Lines Manager (338449)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb is seeking a Financial Lines Manager for its Portland branch.
The Financial Lines Manager will report to the Pacific Region’s Financial Lines Manager with accountability to the Portland Branch Manager. The Financial Lines Manager will be accountable for the growth and profit of all Financial Lines business generated in Chubb’s Portland branch with an emphasis on the Private/Not For Profit business.
Revenue Generation and Distribution Management:
- Accountable to achieve the Portland 2021 Written Premium plan of 14.7M.
- Manages a Private/Not-for-Profit renewal book and new line responsibilities for the Portland branch.
- Manages the Financial Lines storefront for the branch, articulating strategies and priorities internally with Financial Lines team, regional, branch and commercial insurance colleagues, and externally with producers resulting in the branch achieving its 2021 Financial Lines written premium plan of $29.2M.
- Creates marketing strategy, derived from underwriting strategies, and coordinates marketing and production activities for the entire Financial Lines portfolio: Private/Not-for-Profit (PNP), E&O (Cyber and Professional Liability), Public and Financial Institutions (FI)
- Manages business development and underwriting activities and implements local sales strategies
- Manages branch producer relationships and product education/appetite; serves as point person for key local producers
- Collaborates with USB to maximize efficiency of qualifying business; leverages NBS and online quoting capabilities to enhance efficiency and support new business generation; pursues small Financial Lines business in conjunction with any Small Commercial sales reps embedded locally or within the region.
- Partners with the Professional Liability & Cyber, FI and Management Liability cored teams to develop a plan for managing and prospecting business written within the branch
- Coordinates additional support as needed
- Oversees workflows, staffing resources and appropriate application of technology to ensure efficient, cost-effective field operation
- Collaborates with regional Professional Liability & Cyber, Management Liability & Financial Institution resources to direct local production activities
- Provides coaching and development, as well as the necessary support and tools for assigned Underwriting Assistant to successfully execute the underwriting strategy
- Partners with local Commercial Insurance leaders, marketing and branch manager to enhance producer relationships and cross-sell results
- Partners with Small Commercial sales team in branch/region to enhance the sales process for Financial Lines and DecisionPoint
- Develops a robust pipeline of targets
- Implements sales management process
- Establishes business plans for key producers in the branch
- Builds relationships externally and will represent Chubb Financial Lines in the marketplace amongst brokers, customers, competitors and industry organizations; must be able to play a key leadership role accordingly
Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success underwriting Financial Lines (2-3 years minimum experience) and preferably some leadership experience. Strong knowledge of PNP products, underwriting, marketing and the competitive environment. In addition, qualified candidates will demonstrate knowledge, skills and abilities in revenue generation, leadership, producer management, as well as exhibited competencies in communicating, collaborating and executing strategy. It is essential to have a well-established track record of overseeing a profitable book of business and a high level of underwriting expertise.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Influence management and proven ability to balance multiple stakeholder perspectives to achieve business goals
- Translation of the Financial Lines vision/strategy into branch operating plan, as part of a branch team
- Effective engagement and motivation of staff and virtual team to achieve organizational objectives aligned with the regional vision and values
- Collaborative partner with the field, home office, claims, general counsel, compliance, marketing and communications, Operations and Learning & Development to successfully execute underwriting strategy.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.