Product Manager - Emerging Technologies ( 566032-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Emerging Technology team in Verizon’s Global Technology Solutions organization is looking to hire the next great Product Manager to join our ambitious mission to harness leading edge technologies in the development of new solutions that drive revenue, reduce cost, and increase efficiency.
You will work across Verizon to understand the needs of internal stakeholders and external customers to craft a portfolio of innovative projects utilizing Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Mixed Reality, Blockchain, Robotics, Startup Ecosystems, and more. You will use their technical, design thinking, and product expertise to conduct business experimentation in collaboration with business stakeholders and engineers to develop, socialize, and pitch great solutions that delight our customers.
- Overseeing a multitude of day to day responsibilities in order to manage products through the development cycle.
- Assessing the business value of emerging technologies.
- Understanding our business strategy and problems.
- Ideating ways that technology can be applied to solve business problems,
- Developing hypothesis-driven experimental use cases.
- Creating roadmaps to illustrate the plans.
- Overseeing the testing and development effort.
- Communicating with diverse stakeholder groups including the end users, software developers, multidisciplinary engineers, business stakeholders, application managers, and executives.
What we’re looking for...
You have knowledge and curiosity of and passion for emerging technologies mixed reality, data science and machine learning, blockchain, robotics, bleeding edge technologies - a futurist mindset. You are able to lead multiple, cross functional project initiatives simultaneously. You are able to socialize and promote a value proposition. You have excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills and strong business acumen.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical degree.
- Master’s Degree.
- Three or more years of previous agile product management experience.
- Experience with design thinking methods and practices within virtual workshop settings.
- Experience working within large enterprises and with contract labor.
- Experience with leading cloud development projects.
- Experience working with the business and customers on gathering requirements, documenting requirements, managing product backlog, writing user stories, and working with development and vendors to deliver on the product plan and vision.
- Experience working closely with engineering teams and delivering new functionality.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.