AVP, Strategic Claims Systems Manager (337821)
The AVP – Strategic Claims Systems Manager for NA Claims is responsible for driving end-to-end execution of Claims initiatives on-time, within budget and at a high-quality level. This role is also responsible for the day to day production support and system enhancements of the assigned claims applications. Candidate will be responsible for defining, tracking, and communicating in a consistent and effective manner and for incorporating effective change and risk management controls. The ideal candidate in this position must possess strong knowledge and expertise in project and program management, project management tools and techniques along with managing the results and service level agreements provided by the production support team across those applications. This position reports to the VP of Claims Digitalization Applications and Programs.
- Responsible and accountable for on-schedule, on-budget and high-quality delivery of assigned IT programs and projects.
- Lead a team with responsibility for production support and small enhancements of assigned claims applications
- Applies strong communication, collaboration, risk mitigation, sound contingency management and problem-solving skills to provide leadership and strategic direction to major initiatives.
- Will be required to work closely with Claims business leadership team, understanding the business and system priorities and making decisions accordingly
- Will be responsible for managing the production support service provider and ensuring contract agreements are adhered to.
- Will be responsible for managing the small enhancement budget for all applications within the Claims IT portfolio.
- Provides guidance and direction to directs in support of projects. Accountable for managing and monitoring directs performance in accordance with Corporate HR guidelines.
- Accountable for working with team to identify the appropriate project resources needed, assembling the project team, assigning individual responsibilities, and developing a schedule to ensure timely completion of a program. Ensures that program team roles and expectations are clearly communicated to all stakeholders.
- Work with the VP of Claims Digitalization Applications and Programs and other Chubb executives on key decision-making activities during project execution as needed.
- Responsible for the definition and application of a communication plan to represent clearly and consistently all project updates, status, change impacts and metrics to all levels of program stakeholders.
- Mentor, coach, develop, and encourage excellence from teams.
- Provide leadership and management to the Claims IT organization with a commitment to delivery and excellence.
- Maintains, socializes, and enforces the overall project management lifecycle for Chubb along with the other senior leaders.
- Accountable business relationship management, understanding the business drivers and as required, negotiates changes to project scope, timing or resources to ensure that strategic solutions are delivered according to commitments.