Personal Lines Agency Relationship Manager (ARM) (338045)
Personal Lines Agency Relationship Manager (ARM)
Houston & Louisiana
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb Personal Risk Services offers an array of property and casualty insurance products for individuals and families with fine homes and possessions. Our clients include many of the most affluent families in the world, executives, business owners and top collectors of art, jewelry, wine and automobiles.
Chubb Personal Risk Services is seeking an Agency Relationship Manager (ARM) to cover the Houston Branch, which includes the state of Louisiana. The ARM position will entail a combination of regular in-person meetings and remote engagement with their assigned independent agents and brokers. The territory will cover the Houston metro area with additional responsibilities for the state of Louisiana.
The ARM will be primarily responsible for agency relationship management and renewal client management. The ARM will manage agents in partnership with an Agency Sales Manager (ASM) who is responsible for new client acquisition. The ARM and the ASM are both responsible for Written Premium Growth, with the ARM assigned to existing client cross selling and the ASM assigned to new client acquisition for the same group of independent agents and brokers.
The ARM will report directly to the Personal Lines Manager.
- Develop agency assessments and business plans with assigned independent agents designed around retention and cross selling of existing clients
- Renewal retention management by demonstrating the ability to position rate and exposure changes with value-based selling techniques
- Responsible for Premier account segment renewal table set best practices
- Cross-sell and upselling of existing clients via account rounding initiatives
- Responsible for existing customer quote follow up and quote optimization with agents
- Provide support to assigned agencies on relationship management and sales development matters. This includes:
- Agency training to understand Chubb’s products, services and competitive advantages
- Product and service enhancements and rate changes
- Marketing events, campaigns and corporate directives that are designed for existing customers
- Coordinate response to agency inquiries specific to billing, policy services, systems, BORs, commissions, claims, agency coding/licensing and the like
- Coordinate home office initiatives and marketing campaigns that are renewal customer oriented, including attendance at associated events
- Plan and deliver sales, service, system and continuing education training via webinar or in-person
- Implement risk management initiatives such as water shut device installation lists
- Adhere to a disciplined sales process to ensure consistent execution of best practices, including Salesforce documentation
- Book management including analysis of results to identify agency specific and territory trends
- Develop and maintain trusted agency relationships primarily through phone interaction and in-person engagement
- Participate in internal meetings and report on results as appropriate
- Work with agents and underwriting on retention and cross selling
- Collaborate and interact with Sales, Underwriting, Risk Consulting, Product, Claims and Branch Administration
- Proven track record of sustained high sales performance and achievement with an ability to drive results and innovate in a fast- paced environment
- Strong producer management, relationship development and documentation skills with a High Net Worth underwriting or sales foundation
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify problems and opportunities, produce alternatives and implement viable solutions
- Agile learner who can quickly absorb information and apply it to current business situations
- Intrinsic curiosity paired with effective questioning and active listening skills
- Strong organizational, negotiation & value-based selling skills
- Solid technical knowledge, including policy forms, marketplace and competition
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including effective relationship building and highly effective negotiation and virtual presentation skills
- Proficiency with personal lines systems including quote/rate/issue applications, Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of personal lines sales, marketing, underwriting, claims, risk consulting or agency experience
- Experience selling to high net worth clients preferred
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.