Category Manager – Operations & Corporate Functions (336428)
Category Management Lead – Operations, Corporate Functions
As a Leader in the Procurement organization, this position will work closely with Operations and Corporate functional (Human Resources, Finance, Real Estate, etc.) Category Owners, Procurement leadership and Contract Management to lead category and sourcing strategies with a goal of optimizing spend, mitigating risk, maximizing savings, assuring quality and delivery of the products/services to Chubb.
This role will be expected to engage proactively with all Operation and Corporate functional Category Owners to support strategic priorities and drive business objectives, expense reduction initiatives as well as provide consultative support, resolve business challenges and conduct data analysis that will be the basis for strategic decision making. The Category Management Lead will introduce category and procurement best practices across all Operational spend categories.
This role will work closely with Senior Procurement Leadership in establishing priorities and delivering successful support of Category Owners. This position reports to the VP, Enterprise Program Management.
- Ensuring strong alignment with, and being a trusted advisor to, all Operational and Corporate functional category owners/business leaders. Collaborate to identify cost saving and value-based initiatives. Develops a strong partnership with business leads to understand business needs and to align on objectives and timelines. Act as the “go-to” contact for all matters related to Procurement.
- Conduct market research to identify the right suppliers to engage for specific sourcing needs. Understand current category footprint, analyzing spend and working with business stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement. Research potential suppliers and recommend alternatives. Lead and direct the proactive management and understanding of industry best practices and business/technology trends, assisting the business with category strategy development and execution.
- Responsible for managing and reporting on the category annual operating planning cycle, including yearly planning activities. Ensure category owners are continually updated on the status of all work and value added.
- Develop, champion, and ensure implementation of ideas that will optimize total cost of ownership year-over-year for assigned spend categories. Contributes to the Category Owner and organizational cost savings goal(s). Develop, champion, and ensure implementation of ideas that will optimize total cost of ownership year-over-year for assigned spend categories.
- Bring thought leadership to the spend category including the development of new programs where opportunities exists. Actively manage all aspects of procurement for spend categories under responsibility. Develop, through a collaborative and inclusive approach, a sourcing strategy that delivers against business strategy priorities and translates business imperatives into effective sourcing strategies.
- Working with the Contract Management team, drive competitive bid processes/direct negotiations with suppliers to secure competitive prices, improve delivery, achieve favorable terms to Chubb and ensure contracts and SOWs are completed on a timely fashion.
- Coordinate the involvement and requirements for all internal stakeholders including business, IT, legal, information protection, privacy and other departments needed to negotiate agreements.
- Collaborate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, businesses, and geographies to realize procurement goals and objectives.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as any internal policies (e.g. code of ethics) or procedures to ensure that the behavior exhibited by the organization with the highest level of integrity, honesty and transparency.