Senior Manager, SRE ( 568518-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is committed to provide the best Omni Channel and personalized experience to its customers over all channels including Digital, Retail and Indirect, and Customer Care. To enable this best-in-class customer experience, we are working on implementing Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices and principles across all customer interactions and applications. This position is for a SRE Manager who will be leading this transformational effort by combining engineering experience with an innate drive to improve existing systems and processes, and developing creative solutions to evolving operational challenges. Someone who is passionate about building software to solve operational problems in a large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant application environment.
SRE Manager with over 10 years’ experience on distributed system design and integration architectures of business applications using microservices, k8s, containers, cluster management and cloud. Build new features and services on improving business service reliability and customer experience. Develop a total SRE framework and get buy-in and support from stakeholders in all parts of the business, up to CXO level. Apply engineering mindset and development skills to IT operations to improve the overall observability of the applications and infrastructure and develop proactive incident detection, response and remediation framework.
In this role you will provide Technical expertise, Define SRE framework, Lead a cross functional team that develops SRE framework and practice all tenets of SRE, vision and leadership to enable the execution of best in class operations practices that could improve Reliability of Applications.
The incumbent should be a strong Technical leader to help execute on our vision for Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), determining how systems relate to each other and using a breadth of tools, build auto healing solutions to improve Reliability for customers. Practices, such as limiting time spent on operations, and proactive identification of potential outages, factor into the iterative improvement key to both product quality and interesting, dynamic day-to-day work.
Design and implement SRE Framework, develop monitoring tooling across the stack, and optimize systems for uptime, performance, and reliability based on the data gathered by this tooling.
This leader should have a mindset to automate day-to-day functions such as deployment, rollbacks, build of code and provisioning infrastructure, failovers etc.
Interface directly with senior staff members within the organization to discuss and assess compliance with IT policies, standards and procedures, suggest opportunities for improvement, and report on the status of specific. Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in managing medium to large, enterprise level programs leading cross functional team.
- Experience in managing teams of 4-10 members.
- Six or more years of experience in applications development, infrastructure, or database architectures.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, Masters.
- Experience with software development, software delivery lifecycle, application modernization, DevOps, Service/Infrastructure as Service and Operations.
- Experience in vendor management.
- Experience in IT Security and compliance, operations and network services, and application development.
- Triage Site Availability Incidents and proactively work towards reducing MTTR for customer impacting incidents.
- Partner with Service owners to implement Service Level Metrics & Service Level Objectives that act as service level health indicators.
- Experience in Cloud & Container platform Strategies, Design, Architecture and Migration.
- Ability to communicate at an executive level.
- Experience performing analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions.
- Experience leading and participating in performance tests identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands for Iconic phone launches
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.