Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new responsibilities? Are you interested in helping clients drive transformative healthcare solutions? Are you interested in joining an actuarial practice that is a leading global advisor and implementation partner working with State and Federal governments, health plans, providers, drug and device manufacturers and other organizations around the world? If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise Government and Public Services (GPS) clients through critical and complex issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte's Actuarial and Insurance Solutions practice.
Work you'll do
As a Government Health Actuary Senior Manager in Deloitte's Human Capital Actuarial and Insurance Solutions practice, you will assist Deloitte Senior Managers and Partners in providing strategic and technical consulting services and support business development efforts for Federal and State governments, employer groups, and other public entities.
At Deloitte, you can be a part of the transformation of the health care sector. Deloitte's health actuaries are participating in the development of evidence-based medicine, social drivers of health, and the transition of payments from paying for what is done to paying for the value provided. These types of problems require actuaries who are not only technically strong, but also can be innovative, capable of addressing ill defined, complex problems and have a business orientation.
Within the Government and Public Services industry, Deloitte's Actuarial and Insurance Solutions practice assists State and Federal Government agencies and public employers in managing their healthcare spend, modernizing their operations, and transforming their programs. We incorporate expertise from our healthcare actuaries, data scientists, and benefits and insurance specialists to provide world class actuarial, analytics, and insurance consulting services. We help our clients improve the effectiveness of their budgets on health care, guiding them to make data-driven policy and program decisions, linking actuarial, analytics, and strategic services to drive transformative solutions.
- 10 years of health actuarial experience and consulting and/or health plan/insurance company experience
- Experience supporting Medicaid programs
- ASA with progression to FSA, FSA, or career ASA designation
- Experience mentoring and coaching others
- Business development experience (Pre-sales, proposal, and RFP experience)
- Experience leading teams and managing client/executive relationships
- Proven track record of consistently attaining managed revenue targets as well as achieving quarterly or yearly sales objectives for new business
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel at least 25%
- Due to COVID-19, certain on-site client work has been suspended until further notice, however, on-site work may be required on a case-by-case basis for this position.
- Experience providing Medicaid consulting services to Government agencies
- Experience with Medicaid waivers (i.e., 1115, 1915 b/c, 1332)
- Experience with risk adjustment mechanisms
- Experience with Provider reimbursement streams (i.e., DSH, UPL, etc.)
- Experience with health care reform and working knowledge of the individual medical and small group markets
- Experience with Medicare products, including Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement products for various enrollee types
- Familiarity with group insurance products including disability, long term care, etc.
- Experience with product design and/or product strategy
- Experience with reimbursement models - including value based care/ACO modeling
- Successful marketing ability in selling services to prospects and existing clients
- Experience understanding trends in the marketplace
- Ability to work in a team environment sharing ideas and working collaboratively
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Proficient PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Access, and Project