Custodial Operations Manager (29752)
Amentum is seeking a Custodial Operations Manager to join our team in Chantilly, VA. You will perform duties under the direction of the Program Manager. The Custodial Operations Manager will manage the daily custodial operations to include, but not limited to, maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction, providing high quality service levels, interviewing, training and coaching employees, adhering to company policies and procedures and ensuring a safe working environment. Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active Top Secret Clearance.
- Supervises custodial personnel including ensuring staff is adequately trained; coordinates workloads, priorities, and schedules to ensure timely and effective completion of work; and monitors and evaluates staff performance.
- Assists the Program Manager in the management and coordination of custodial operations to ensure effective and efficient operations, compliance with the Statement of Work (SOW) as well as company and client policies and procedures.
- Analyzes custodial activities and prepares memorandums, analyses, and reports for the Program Manager.
- Ensures Custodial sites are adequately and appropriately hired, staffed, and supplied.
- Recommends and implements improvements as necessary to work methods and procedures.
- Ensures that all safety policies and procedures are communicated, trained, and enforced.
- Maintains high Security standards in department at all times.
- Reports any building deficiencies to appropriate management.
- Prepares written disciplinary actions, memos and employee performance appraisals.
- Ensures all time and attendance records are accurate, timely, and compliant.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes and work cooperatively to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Trains, coaches, praises, and enforces a uniform training program for department.
- Inspects all equipment for proper operation and reports, repairs, and/or replaces defective items.
- Maintains a professional and supportive relationship by routinely and effectively communicating with staff and stakeholders.
- Interfaces with all levels of management on diverse issues and problems and works to resolve.
- Willing to work extended hours to ensure success of project or event.
- Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities. Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Bachelors Degree and Three (3) years relevant experience or Seven (7) years of experience in lieu of a Degree.
- Knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet and data base software.
- Must respond to emergencies during off-hours as necessary.
- Position may require some local travel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active Top Secret Clearance.
- 5 years of experience in the custodial field with 2-3 years of supervisory experience.