Program Manager 1 (29899)
The Program Manager plans, directs, controls and monitors the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) and support program to ensure satisfactory completion of the program objectives.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Manages the program to ensure fulfillment of contractual obligations including cost, quality and schedules while maintaining company profit motives
- Acts as a point-of-contact for all matters relating to the assigned contract for representative between government personnel and Amentum-DynCorp International management team
- Coordinates and/or approves local operating and personnel actions, policies and procedures within the generalized framework of overall corporate guidelines
- Responsible for contract administrative functions including safety, security, and labor reporting
- Ensures adherence to established standards of individual performances and site discipline
- Manages monetary resources in such a manner to keep the contract within budget guidelines and meet all Amentum-DynCorp International budget objectives
- Provides a high degree of customer satisfaction by quality performance and best-return for their investment
- Maintains as a liaison with customer representatives
- Provides management guidance and control for the efficient utilization of human resources assignment, performance, morale and overall welfare
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication, effective leadership and interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of Department of Defense, United States government structure and agency procedures and policies for identifying and developing potential business opportunities
- Knowledge of various computer skills desirable (ex: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment
- CONUS: Generally works in normal office environment, but may be required to travel domestically and internationally on short notice, to austere environments, under harsh living conditions
- OCONUS: Some positions will be assigned to overseas locations where living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable, with long hours, exposure to weather, dust, and hazardous/harsh conditions
- Bachelor's degree in an associated discipline
- Ten (10) years in related logistical environment. Five (5) years in a managerial role
- Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment
- Two years of experience in related field can be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- Master’s degree preferred.