Tax Manager, National Federal Tax Services - Inventory Group (36808)
- Provide day-to-day oversight of multiple Inventory engagements, interacting directly with clients and local office Deloitte teams
- Consult with clients in transforming their inventory processes
- Consult with clients on how inventory impacts the new tax reform legislation including BEAT, GILTI, etc.
- Supervise national teams in both our U.S. and U.S.- India offices
- Mentor and develop Consultants, Senior Consultants, and Interns by providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance
- Actively participate in marketplace pursuits such as meeting with prospective clients and demonstrating the IG expertise
- Manage the economics of client projects
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation - all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality.
Our IG team operates within Deloitte's NFTS practice under the umbrella of Federal Tax Services (FTS). We provide a dedicated inventory tax team with specialized tax knowledge and tools to assist our clients with analyzing their tax inventory methods and implementing an approach focused on cash flow savings, compliance, and technological process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance or other business-related field
- Travel up to 30%
- 5+ years of experience in federal accounting methods compliance using tax technology
- Experience presenting to clients or other decision-makers for purposes of project delivery or sales pursuits
- CPA, Attorney License, or Enrolled Agent accreditation obtained or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, or LLM
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively develop internal and external working relationships
- Highly disciplined and able to work under strict deadlines in fast-paced collegial environment
- Previous Big 4 experience or equivalent
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.