Sr. Manager, Supply Chain Operations (R452693)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
What you will do:
- Drive supplier quality, cost, and delivery performance.
- Generate and execute materials cost reduction programs.
- Drive excellence in material and supplier selection for NPD programs.
- Mitigate material related business continuity risk (SICR, Force Majeure).
- Provide leadership to operations planning, receiving, inventory management and supplier engineering teams within Puerto Rico Operations to ensure achievement of GQO divisional business goals and objectives through consistent technical analysis, materials planning, receiving, inspection, inventory control.
- Develop a deep understanding of the entire supply chain, including key strategic relationships and transitional states requiring an exit strategy.
- Demonstrate Leadership in Supplier Management and in supporting structured resolutions for components & material issues.
- Define, hire, develop and deploy Supplier Engineering team to address business continuity SICRs without impact to supply, and cost saving opportunities within the supply chain.
- Determine supply chain capacity requirements, and support/drive decisions and actions to right size supply capacity.
- Manage and support the identification and development of new or existing supply sources in partnership with global sourcing. Collaborates with other cross functional resources in identify insource/outsource opportunities.
- Collaborate with divisional and IBP Supply Planning partners to develop and support optimized S&OP plans.
- Translate customer demand into timely provision of forecasts to purchasing group
- Monitor execution of Purchase Orders to achieve target inventory levels
- Ensure timely receipt of ordered material to enable production goal attainment.
- Monitoring of both component and FG inventory, including execution of physical inventory activities
- Develop plans to minimize backorder and ensure product availability, including communication of metrics and recovery plans to stakeholders. Develop and maintaining best in class inventory control, forecasting and ordering systems, and responsible for the ongoing training and mentorship of leaders and individual contributors within the tactical materials’ management function.
What you will need:
- Must possess excellent communication, strategic thinking, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Functional skills – personnel selection, financial systems, organizational structure protocol, interdepartmental interface, interdivisional interface and P&L management.
- Expected to handle complex or difficult situations as appropriate.
- Must have 8+ years of proven mid-level leadership experience in a business environment.
- Minimum of 7 years supply chain and/or manufacturing experience required.
- Proven success in technical leadership and supply chain competency development.
- BA/BS degree in business or related discipline required. Master’s degree preferred.
- APICS training or certification preferred
- Six Sigma or other problem solving methodology training desired.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.