Senior Project Manager, Commercial (Remote) (R451068)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we Want:
- Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
- Goal-oriented orchestrators. People who can effectively coordinate and focus the work of skilled employees toward an important goal, prioritizing to the right activities that lead to success.
What you will do:
Senior project managers manage and lead enterprise-wide, cross-functional strategic initiatives and are typically assigned to large-scale, high impact projects with moderate to high risk and complexity. Senior project managers direct the daily activities of team members on multiple projects to ensure they provide high quality and cost-effective services. Senior project managers also design and develop new approaches to project management.
- Lead assigned projects ensuring delivery on-time, within scope and within budget
- Define and track project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan with resource capacity and actuals analysis
- Liaise with resource managers to ensure resources are available to support the timelines within the project schedule
- Utilize risk management strategies to actively manage project risks that may impact project cost, quality, scope or schedule
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Review and approve forecasts associated with your project
- Create business case financial models
- Forecast, monitor and report on project financials, and maintain financials in project management tools
- Manage change requests by assessing impact to scope, schedule and cost; and communicate with key stakeholders
- Liaise with the supplier management groups as needed on supplier engagement, quality of services, experience and cost
- Partner with the project team to ensure compliance with regulations, policies, standards, procedures, and associated documentation including but not limited to computer systems validation, SOX, and PM standards
- Continually update relevant business stakeholders of project status and periodically publish project status reports
- Represent the project in various project governance and inter-departmental forums
- Ensure all projects meet success parameters and ROI targets stated in business case
- Evaluate trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value
- Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria and deliver project to meet those metrics and criteria
- Ensure all projects adhere to project methodology compliance standards set by the company
- Assist, share learning, and mentor others within the PMO regarding standards, organizational understanding, and relationship building to promote the successful delivery of projects
What you need
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- PMP certification desired
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience is required
- Demonstrate strong stakeholder management experience in matrix organizations required
- Proven record of planning and delivering complex projects in IT or other industries required
- Agile/Scrum related experience desired
- Experience managing remote/global project teams desired
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Project preferred
- Demonstrated experience in full project management lifecycle for software/maintenance/ development/ implementation projects and IT methodologies (ITIL) preferred
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions; demonstrated experience managing customer relationships
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.