Marketing Communications Manager (Remote) (R452008)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we want
- Hard-working winners. Confident, competitive and results-oriented professionals who create a track record of success.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will do
As a Marketing Communications Manager, you will be tasked with supporting Stryker Neurovascular. Stryker’s Neurovascular division is focused on advancing the practice of less invasive stroke therapies through its Complete Stroke Care solutions. The business is dedicated to providing innovative stroke products and services for ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke and committed to providing clinical education and support to help physicians deliver better patient outcomes.
- In collaboration with the Asia-Pacific (APAC) marketing and value-added service teams, define key marketing communications needs to support the team’s 1-year and 3-year goals. Develop strategy to deliver on identified needs and establish milestones and metrics to gauge progress. Tailors plan and future communications to reflect changing audience and business needs as they arise.
- For each product/service, develop a detailed annual communications plan to effectively reach and engage targeted audience; aligned with already established 3-year road map.
- Understand business priorities, analyze needs, and design comprehensive communications plans for each of the APAC/Value added services teams in support of developing clear and effective communications.
- Identifies and initiates integrated communications strategies that support above activities; consults on the use of appropriate channels, messages and communications tactics. Ensures that all projects are developed to address the message and need as set forth by Project Team. Optimizes workflow, analyzes and reports progress of activities with the team, noting any at-risk items.
- Develops positioning and messaging, creates written content, procures supportive visuals and provides overall creative direction for all tactical developments required to support above activities.
- Contributes to activities related to the digital communication plan in support of the products/services that he/she manages & provides support to Digital manager.
- Independently establishes and maintains development timelines for all managed projects to ensure that all deliverables are performed by agreed-upon dates. Analyzes project status against commercialization plan and elevates concerns as needed.
- Serves as main point-of-contact between creative developer and Project Team for all managed projects. Establishes individual priority list with vendor. Communicates high level priorities to Manager for escalation to vendor if needed.
- Ensures brand compliance for all developed materials. Provides insight to brand discussions based upon previous experiences. Ensures consistency in the Stryker branding guidelines & ensures external marketing communications meet internal customers’ needs, compliance, legal & regulatory guidelines
- Builds Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Experiment with new and innovative concepts and design principles to maximize impact
- Prepare and deliver formal presentations to small and friendly audiences
- Create marketing communication strategies to understand, develop, and enhance the relationship between the customer and the program
- Play a role in developing key strategy documents (strategic plan, annual marketing plan, product launch plans, etc.) and leads the development and execution of the marketing communication elements of the marketing plan
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related discipline required
- MBA preferred
- 6+ years of work experience required managing and developing communications plans and deliverables in support of marketing campaigns.
- 3+ years medical device experience preferred
- Must have strong working knowledge of both traditional and e-based communications channels and experience developing and executing robust communications plans with excellence.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Working knowledge of InDesign and Illustrator preferred.
- Ability to self-manage demands of multiple projects within expected deadlines.
- Execution-oriented, self-starter and self-navigator who can prioritize high value projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly responsive, customer-centric/solutions-oriented approach, building trust with internal partners.
- High degree of attention to detail and follow through.
- Demonstrates ability to think creatively and critically to solve problems.
- Must have ability to move quickly without compromising quality.
- Must be able to work collaboratively to create strategies and ensure plans of action are implemented.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to be persuasive in the absence of organizational authority
What We Offer
- A winning team driven to achieve our mission and deliver remarkable results
- Quality products that improve the lives of customers and patients
- Ability to discover your strengths, follow your passion and own your own career
Learn more about Stryker:
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.