Manager, Information Technolog (30275)
The Senior IT Manager plans, montiors, and implements the strategies of assigned business technology function. The position will plan, coordinate, and direct IT activities as well as provide input and support for the IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations.
- Translate business requirements into high quality, consistent, and thorough technical requirements and project plans.
- Manage a team of professionals supporting development and maintenance for assigned business functions.
- Manage IT operational strategic planning, which includes project planning, organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Ensure supported services progress on schedule and within budget.
- Consult with direct management to review departmental goals.
- Establish standards and procedures for department and modifies schedule and plans as required.
- Develop and maintains technical and project documentation.
- Monitor compliance of associated policies and procedures, including those for service level and operational level agreements.
- Work closely with management to identify, recommend, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Coordinating incident and problem resolution with other internal or external organizations.
- Act as the IT Department Information Security Officer, performing risk assessments, compliance testing and implementing security tools and processes for all systems.
- Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal, and project management skills.
- Ability to translate communication needs of employees/customer not versed in computer terminology for both hardware and software into meaningful solutions.
- Strong understanding of business operations and needs, in order to establish credibility and to assert oneself as a trusted partner to the business users.
- Strong negotiation and consensus building skills when dealing with internal customers, stakeholders and team members.
- Knowledge of Information Technology operations, including but not limited to: Data Center, Help Desk, Project Management, Application Development, SharePoint Administration, Network and Server Engineering.
- Knowledge of Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, Voice-over-Internet Protocol, Firewalls, Microsoft Active Directories, MSSQL and telecommunications protocols.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- Ten (10) years’ or more progressively responsible experience in Information Technology with three (3) years’ or more experience in management.
- Previous management experience in information technology and/or tactical communications projects or programs
- MUST BE A US CITIZEN
- Previous project management experience with information technology and/or communication projects or programs preferred.
- Master’s degree in related field with a technical discipline preferred.