External Comms/PR Senior Manager-Deloitte’s Green Dot Agency (38101)
- Serve as a strategic trusted advisor to leadership, business, and key stakeholders across the practice
- Develop and drive public relations programs that support telling how ER&I is making an impact for our clients and the public, and position us to grow work with current clients and perspective clients
- Develop public relations strategies focused on key business priorities, and execute this strategy across priority campaigns to build Deloitte's brand in the marketplace
- Collaborate closely with the ER&I marketing team as well as other Deloitte industry and business PR leads to ensure messaging, reporter outreach, and signature-issue positioning are aligned
- Manage external public relations agencies, tracking budgets, monthly reporting, and delivery of support to meet business goals
- Build and/or strengthen key reporter relationships, staying current on relevant news outlets, reporters and their areas of focus; and proactively pitch Deloitte leaders, thought leadership, and client impact stories
- Prepare spokespeople and leaders for media interviews and speaking engagements by providing refresher media training as appropriate and facilitating/coordinating media training for spokespeople when required
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, consistently delivering high quality results.
Deloitte's Communications team provides value by delivering innovative communications strategies and approaches for internal and external audiences. We build and protect our brand, and help our leaders influence positive behaviors, drive change, reinforce successes, and promote a strong sense of community through coordinated, consistent messaging. From concept to execution, we help our leaders reach their audience and achieve a consistent standard of excellence using proven communication methodologies.
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- Communications professional with a minimum of 12+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, English, Public Relations, or Journalism
- Deep understanding of the energy, resources & industrials landscape, with a strong background in media relations best practices, reporter engagement, connection, and use of social media to amplify media coverage
- Proven success in developing and executing external communications strategies and communications plans for a large business, preferably in professional services
- Experience in developing and executing executive positioning programs, working with senior leaders, and collaborating across a multi-disciplinary marketing team
- Executive presence, strong communication skills, and the ability to confidently provide strategic counsel, ask good questions, challenge the status quo, suggest alternatives, and articulate pros and cons
- Ability to handle ambiguity and fluid priorities, gain consensus through influence, change course when warranted, and manage multiple and complex priorities efficiently and effectively
- Ability to successfully lead and develop team members, provide effective guidance and coaching, maintain close understanding of all team activities, ensure high quality for all activities/deliverables, and implement course corrections when needed
- Ability to successfully engage and manage an external PR agency
- Experience in measuring the effectiveness of communication strategies
- Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Word; knowledgeable in all aspects of Microsoft Office and ancillary programs
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.