Senior Manager, R&D - Biologics (R445436)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we want:
Talent developers. Growth-oriented managers who recruit and hire top-performing talent and prioritize the development of their team members.
Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
Motivated product launchers. People who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
Stryker is hiring a Senior Manager, R&D - Biologics in Memphis, TN.
The Senior Manager, R&D-Biologics is responsible for overseeing and executing quality, timely development, validation and the commercial launch of orthopedic biologic medical devices and facilitating instruments to meet global technical and regulatory requirements that have significant impact on the company's strategic goals.
This individual will have supervisory responsibility for highly technical positions including Product Development Engineers, Process Engineers and Laboratory Personnel and Management.
What you will do:
- Full responsibility to design, develop and launch new Biologics medical devices globally in orthopedic applications
- Lead cross-functional teams to complete assigned projects according to complex project management techniques
- Establish and execute strategy to support Biologics business goals
- Design and perform complex analytical testing of Biologic materials across multiple specialty disciplines in biologic orthopedic medical device development and manufacture including chemical engineering, process engineering, packaging engineering, materials science and design
- Identify and implement creative technical solutions to commercialize or troubleshoot Orthopedic Biologics projects pre and post commercialization
- Develop and manage project timelines and provide reports to executive management
- Responsible for the development and adherence to departmental budget
- Manage direct reports
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Life Sciences, or equivalent required
- 10+ years of medical device and/or pharmaceutical product development experience
- 5+ years of direct people management and team leadership experience
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience with biomaterials used in regenerative medicine
- Chemistry education/knowledge, preferred
- Life Sciences background (cell, tissue, physiology, biochemistry, chemistry, etc.)
- Project management experience
- Comfortable with exposure to cadaver labs and overseeing surgical procedures
- Highly technical understanding of biologic materials
- Demonstration of creative problem solving of complex Biologics materials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.