Associate Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis (R449005)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Stryker is hiring an Associate Finance Manager within our Stryker Robotics Operations. This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic fast paced team in a cutting edge and growing business!
What you will do
FP&A & Business Partnering
- Manage and perform month end and year end closing.
- Analyze and prepare statutory accounts, financial statements and reports.
- Maintain balance sheet accounts and prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of Financial Budget and Projections.
- Analyze production and spending variances to tight deadlines at month end.
- Business Partner with Departments on ongoing financial knowledge and the preparation of monthly financial projections.
- Leads Annual Standard Costing Process
- May perform/oversee Intercompany Accounting activities.
- Represent Finance/Accounting on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc.
- Performs other related work as assigned by management.
Compliance & Internal Controls
- Ensure compliance with SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley), US and local GAAP, and Corporate Policies over financial reporting and internal controls.
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
- Manage & maintain the application of policy and internal controls and work with the Departments to ensure internal controls are working effectively.
- Leads financial audit, compliance activities and ensures audit readiness.
- Deliver quality results as part of a dynamic fast paced finance and operations team in a cutting edge and growing business.
- May provide mentoring and guidance to other team members.
- Actively contribute as part of the Finance Team to setting and achieving the team’s goals and objectives.
What you need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA is preferred
- 6+ Years Accounting experience, financial and/or cost accounting.
- 3+ Years Operational experience, inventory experience preferred.
- Strong grasp of GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts
- Good knowledge of ERP systems and Hyperion Financial Management.
- Extremely strong Excel skills, especially advanced financial modeling and analytical techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to streamline and automate complex processes.
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and high confidence in stating professional opinions.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on personal deliverables, work independently within defined deadlines and close on multiple assignments simultaneously.
Who we want
- Dedicated achievers - People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are dedicated to ensuring a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Analytical problem solvers - People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Meticulous documenters - Detail-oriented people who enjoy maintaining meticulous documentation of reports, metrics, proposals, and presentations.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.