Manager, Internal Audit (R449079)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Stryker's internal audit team is growing and are looking for an Internal Audit (IA) Manager to lead our Flower Mound, TX hub. We are seeking someone who is passionate about furthering their career and building relationships across our global company.
Who we want
Delivers results. A self-motivated individual who can consistently meet or exceed expectations and is motivated to drive improvements in departmental efficiency or audit effectiveness while executing the audit plan.
Develops talent. Growth-oriented individual who can help our organization and our talented people reach their full potential.
Builds organizational capability. Someone with a diverse set of audit experiences, who’s focus is to create more innovative, effective and sustainable ways to achieve strong performance.
Inspires others. A genuine, relationship-focused leader who connects, collaborates and fosters an inclusive environment of enthusiasm, trust and pride. This person makes others want to follow.
Sets direction. Someone who defines ways to create value and collaborates effectively across the global audit team to deliver on our mission and strategy.
Effective communicator. An experienced auditor who can concisely communicate results and customer focused solutions to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams in a manner that builds relationships.
What you will do
As an Internal Audit Manager, you will report to the Director of Internal Audit and will be responsible for the planning and management of quality of audit engagements, including but not limited to, operational, financial, compliance, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) engagements, and management consulting projects in support of Stryker strategic initiatives. The Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for managing and growing a team consisting of lead auditors, senior auditors and staff auditors. In addition, the Internal Audit Manager will assist with the implementation of the overall strategy of the IA department and driving department initiatives. This position provides visibility to Stryker operations, regular interaction with personnel from various disciplines/functional areas and exposure to division and corporate leadership.
- Support the annual risk assessment process and assist with the development of the Annual Audit Plan presented and approved by Stryker’s Audit Committee
- Manage the effective planning and execution of detailed audit programs that address engagement/project risks and ensure that procedures are executed appropriately
- Communicate plans and audit approach to auditees to ensure that engagements are efficiently conducted in a professional manner
- Review and approve all planning materials and audit programs in advance of fieldwork to ensure that appropriate procedures will be performed to address identified risks
- Ensure that audit procedures are performed and documented in accordance with professional audit standards and Stryker IA policies
- Review audit work of leads, seniors and staff in a timely manner and ensure that audit program steps are effectively completed, and the documentation adequately supports the engagement findings and conclusions
- Prepare and communicate clear and concise reporting of audit findings and recommendations
- Track and monitor implementation of management’s action plans
- Establish, communicate and manage to project deadlines and budgets
- Collaborate with Stryker’s external audit firm to efficiently audit key financial controls
- Manage and develop highly effective and engaged audit teams
- Keep current on changes in US GAAP, Audit standards and regulatory changes and drive awareness and training across the department
- Support further development of data analytic tools and techniques to increase efficiency and testing coverage
- Identify and share best practices across Stryker’s organization
- Participate in special projects and investigations, as needed
What you need
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or relevant professional certification
- 6+ years of accounting, audit, or relevant industry experience, public accounting experience is preferred
- Exceptional leadership ability
- Unquestionable integrity and professionalism
- Self-motivation - being a self-starter with the ability to interface with all levels of management
- A desire to thrive in a team oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to understand and assess complex business processes and accounting issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational and project management skills
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Comfort with driving process improvements and change
- Exceptional computer skills including proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and flow charting/process mapping applications
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.