Production Manager (R447385)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we want
Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams.
Managers who drive performance. People who implement process improvements and leverage the talent of their team to consistently increase performance and productivity.
Subject matter experts. Managers who not only oversee the collection, review, and analysis of data but can interpret, translate, and present on all various matters as needed.
What you will do
- Accountable to meeting and/or exceeding business objectives including but not limited to safety, quality, delivery, customer experience, people development and cost.
- Allocate and lead resources in area based on customer demand, repair schedule and standards
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement through the support of business and process improvements including but not limited to 6S, lean manufacturing initiatives, etc.
- Identify, prioritize, and execute continuous improvement projects through teamwork, empowerment, consultative problem solving, and operating with honesty and integrity while providing a highly responsive and unsurpassed level of customer service.
- Evaluate employee performance through various means, such as talent reviews and common annual reviews, and enforcing company policies through appropriate disciplinary measures, with guidance.
- Work collaboratively to develop and drive accountability for meaningful performance objectives.
- Provide developmental coaching and guidance to team in the areas of performance management, communication, and adhering to company polices.
- Responsible for the recruitment and hiring of talent.
- Be able to forecast and predict recruitment needs of temporary and permanent talent to the team for conversion.
- Manage labor through OT approval and timecard management.
- Drive employee engagement by being responsible and accountable for actions promoting an environment that fosters inclusion, personal growth and development.
- Ability to manage the technical aspects of the business, understand root cause of potential issues, and implement resolution.
- Able to anticipate and predict line down issues and partner with support staff to avoid delays to production.
- Identify, prioritize and lead cost reduction initiatives to deliver on financial projections
- May be responsible for additional oversight of business unit, which may include multiple teams. Will contribute to strategic plans and repair programs.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6+ years of related experience with 3+ years of proven leadership experience.
Additionally, you will need
- Preferred experience with problem solving methods such as A3, 5 whys, Fishbone Diagram, 8 step problem solving, PDCA and 6S
- Demonstrated leadership characteristics and capabilities
- Excellent organization, planning, communication, project management and performance attainment in manufacturing or logistics environment
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
- May involve prolonged periods of sitting or standing, as appropriate.
- May be required to reach, push, or pull to accomplish job accountabilities.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.