Associate Sourcing Manager (R450647)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we want -
- Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
What you will do -
The Associate Sourcing Manager is a supply chain leadership position that involves collaborating across multiple departments and Stryker divisions in order to improve the supplier management practices of the organization. This role requires an ability to build positive relationships with key suppliers while leveraging these relationships to improve supplier quality, costs, service, and FDA compliance.
- Be responsible for properly setting expectations with suppliers and driving supplier development to meet expectations
- Be responsible for finding creative approaches to managing supplier relationships
- Be responsible for supplier relationship development
- Perform quality tracking and measurement of key suppliers
- Support Operations/Production on any issues with key suppliers
- Be responsible for supply base risk reduction
- Conduct cost reduction and cost negotiations with key suppliers
- Be responsible for supplier selection and auditing to ISO13485:2003 and FDA QSR Standards
- Conduct supplier contract initiation, review, and approval
- Work across multiple divisions for supplier collaboration
- Will have the independence and authority to perform required tasks to ensure all provisions of the quality system are met
New Product Introduction (NPI) Specific:
- Identify efficiencies for First Article deliveries and closures
- Ensure project teams adhere to strategic direction of sourcing and purchasing controls requirements related to design projects
- Be responsible for preliminary influence on key project team members to inspire quicker overall deliverables for projects
- Identify process improvements to either supplier or Stryker processes to drive better speed to market, quality and long term delivery
What you need -
- Bachelor's degree required
- 6+ years' of working experience required
- Strong analytical skills as well as evaluative judgement based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information in complicated or novel situations
- Ability to travel 10%-20% to suppliers and other Stryker locations required
- Knowledge of ISO13485:2003 and FDA QSR Standards - preferred
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.