ITTP - Global Strategies Group - Manager (38821)
- Assisting clients with their implementation of specific international tax structures and processes.
- Overseeing complex tax computation projects for clients in diverse industries.
- Researching and preparing materials for consulting projects related to tax planning considerations.
- Facilitating brainstorming sessions (internal and with clients), including with non-tax stakeholders (e.g., treasury, accounting, legal)
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
- Supervising and supporting the technical development of tax consultants and senior consultants.
The Global Strategies Group is a national specialty group within Deloitte's international tax practice. GSG professionals develop and implement global tax strategies for large multinational corporations that provide long-term sustainable ETR reduction and help mobilize global cash. In general, GSG conducts International Strategic Tax Reviews, manages international restructuring transactions and other more narrowly targeted projects such as foreign tax credit optimization, repatriation planning, treasury planning, disposition planning, and international mergers and acquisition planning. Additionally, GSG assists companies in aligning value drivers with income streams in a manner that reduces ETR and mobilize cash.
- 5+ years' experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work, preferably with a focus on international taxation
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field
- Licensed attorney, CPA, or Enrolled Agent
- Experience managing senior-level client relationships
- Experience participating in strategic planning initiatives
- Big 4, public accounting or consulting experience
- Previous Big 4 experience, public accounting or consulting experience
- Travel up to 80-100% (While 80-100% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Strong research and verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong executive presence
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center .