R&D Manager (R448319)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. We are currently seeking a R&D Manager located in Portage, Michigan.
Who we want:
Motivated product launchers. People who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
Goal-oriented orchestrators. People who can effectively coordinate and focus the work of skilled employees toward an important goal, prioritizing to the right activities that lead to success.
Managers who drive performance. People who implement process improvements and leverage the talent of their team to consistently increase performance and productivity.
Talent developers. Growth-oriented managers who recruit and hire top-performing talent and prioritize the development of their team members.
What you will do:
As a R&D Manager, you will lead the development of a team of Mechanical, Software, and Electrical Engineers to develop innovative surgical solutions. This role will be a key leader in our Surgical Technologies team in developing a new product for the women's health market.
- Coordinate the activities of R&D team to meet agreed department/project deliverables for active projects
- Partner with Marketing, R&D Leadership, and Customers to build out roadmap and own research projects according to the roadmap
- Build relationships with stakeholders, key partners, and cross-divisional R&D leaders to implement road map and deliver on current projects
- Evaluates the performance of the team based on pre-established performance parameters
- Interview, hire, train, develop and engage top talent while ensuring a pipeline of talent is established for future roles.
What you need:
Minimum Qualifications (Required)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years of R&D experience in a regulated industry
- 4 years of experience leading R&D/Engineering teams
- Experience with electromechanical devices or products
- Experience in medical device industry
- MS or advanced degree in engineering
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.