Associate Project Services Manager- North Carolina/South Carolina (R449124)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
- Provides regional direction, leadership and accountability for mission critical project management efforts among and across all divisional lines.
- Coordinates with Regional Sales Manager to plan and execute regional business priorities including sales and project management.
- Leverages expert knowledge base of project management utilizing competitive intelligence, advanced business acumen, process alignment, and influencing skills.
- Drives behaviors toward the attainment of successful project completion, including project initiation, scoping and approval, process redesign, project staffing and project implementation and strives to achieve exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Leads mission critical, cross-functional corporate initiatives from detailed business requirements development and budget approval through to successful completion, continuous tracking and improvement.
- Designs, implements and assesses the effectiveness of standardized project management processes and procedures throughout the co-op. This includes standardized project documentation and methodology and project tracking and reporting procedures.
- Develops and mentors project managers through the execution of a formal training/development program.
- Participates in the development of a project management curriculum and training program.
- Develops a standardized process to ensure quality implementation and continuous improvement.
- Maintains relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and is cognizant of project impacts on any aspect of the business.
- Defines project objectives and measures to be tracked by the responsible business owner.
- Reports to the senior leadership team as to the status and, when necessary, corrective action necessary to meet corporate initiative project cost, quality and timeliness objectives.
- Develops cross-regional, implementation strategies, ensuring that all of the participating parties have committed to effective implementation of the processes and procedures.
- Utilizes influencing prowess to overcome objections that hamper the implementation of critical project management and improvement efforts.
- Determines the economic value of initiatives and garners commitment of affected parties to achieve the stated financial, subjective and objective goals.
- Develops and implements key metrics to measure and report on progress of all initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Has the independence and authority to perform required tasks to ensure all provisions of the quality system are met.
- Able to routinely make a decision which may affect immediate operation and have a company- wide impact.
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to review printed materials.
- Must have demonstrated fine motor skills.
- Must be able to use sophisticated test and office computer equipment (e.g. calculator, PC, telephone, Broadcast test and measurement equipment etc.).
- Ability to work with large pieces of equipment.
- Utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard.
- Utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
- View the business from a strategic perspective.
- Four to six years related experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading and motivating subordinates.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team leader.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration, or comparable field of study from an accredited college or university.
- Possession of a master's degree in business administration, quantitative methods, statistics or closely related field of study is a plus.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.