Program Manager (R450354)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Position summaryUnder general direction, responsible for the leadership and directing of a medium complexity programs, which often requires considerable resources and high levels of functional integration. Interfaces with all stakeholders affected by the program, including end users.What You Will Do
- Creates and maintains appropriate program documentation (e.g. charter, roadmap, benefits map, etc.) to meet business goals and program objectives.
- Coordinates with partners and end users to deliver values to business through opportunity identification, solution delivery, and ongoing support.
- Responsible for program budget estimation, monitoring, and attainment.
- Communicates and sets expectations across divisions, functions, third party vendors, consulting partners, project teams, and stakeholders depending on program needs.
- Creates and maintains a program risk assessment to ensure program risks are identified and closed.
- Responsible for portfolio resource planning including workload allocation and capacity planning to help determine project sequencing in the program.
- Work with constituent project managers or associates to monitor cost, schedule, and technical performance of component projects and operations, while working to ensure the ultimate success of the organization's business objectives.
- Assess trade-offs for changes to project scope, schedule, and costs that impact the program and related projects.
- Responsible to improve team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, influencing, training, mentoring, and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure efficiency, and boost morale.
- Act as an escalation point, drives collaboration with program and project team members to resolve conflicts, project issues, and deviations to drive them to resolution.
- May be responsible for managing project managers and project personnel, as well as leading indirect resources.
- BA or BS (emphasis in management or related discipline preferred) or equivalent.
- Minimum of 9 years demonstrated project management experience in at least one discipline (Finance, Procurement, IS, R&D, Operations, etc.) preferred.
- Master's Degree or equivalent preferred.
- PMP certification or equivalent (i.e. PRINCE2) desired.
- Demonstrated versatility and a willingness to manage and lead a team through change and ambiguity.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, collaborative teamwork, conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with mid-level management and presenting proposals to executives.
- Ability to generate and explain opportunity analysis and value assessments accurately.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, train, and develop direct and indirect team members.
- Utilize proper software to maintain project records such as PPM system, MS Office, SharePoint, or Visio.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.