Program Manager, Operations PMO (R450929)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we want -
- Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams.
- Metrics-oriented managers. People who are always tracking important business metrics to ensure projects meet expectations and budget.
- Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
What you will do -
You will be responsible for leading and directing medium complexity programs, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration. You will interface with all stakeholders affected by the program including end users.
- Create and maintain appropriate program documentation (e.g., charter, roadmap, benefits map, etc.) to meet business goals and program objectives
- Coordinate with partners/end users to deliver value to the business through opportunity identification, solution delivery, and ongoing support
- Be responsible for program budget estimation, monitoring, and attainment
- Communicate and set expectations across divisions, functions, 3rd party vendors, consulting partners, project teams, and stakeholders depending on program needs
- Create and maintain a program risk assessment to ensure program risks are identified and closed
- Be responsible for portfolio resource planning including workload allocation and capacity planning to help determine project sequencing in the program
- Will work with constituent Project Managers or Associates to monitor cost, schedule, and technical performance of component projects and operations, while working to ensure the ultimate success of the organization’s business objectives
- Assess trade-offs for changes to project scope, schedule, and costs that impact the program and related projects
- Be responsible to improve team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, influencing, training, mentoring, and motivating to facilitate cooperation, ensure efficiency, and boost morale
- Act as an escalation point and drive collaboration with program and project team members to resolve conflicts, project issues, and deviations and drives them to resolution
- May be responsible for managing project managers and project personnel, as well as lead indirect resources
What you need -
- Bachelor's degree required; master’s degree - preferred
- 10+ years demonstrated management experience in at least one discipline (Finance, Procurement, IT, R&D, Ops, etc.) required
- Demonstrated versatility and a willingness to manage and lead a team through change and ambiguity required
- Excellent interpersonal communication, collaborative teamwork, conflict management, and negotiation skills required
- Ability to generate and explain opportunity analysis and value assessments accurately required
- Utilize proper software to maintain program records, such as a PPM system, MS Office, SharePoint, or Visio - highly preferred
- PMP certification or equivalent such as PRINCE2 - preferred
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.