Power, Utilities & Renewables - Digital Grid Solutions Manager (GIS/ ADMS/EMS) (39269)
- Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
Practice Development & Eminence
- Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
- Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
Our clients seek a fresh perspective on how to create a flexible, innovative business model supported by a strong operations foundation. Professionals will use their deep sector knowledge and technical business operations consulting experience to take a more strategic view of our clients' priorities, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda and maximize operational efficiency.
- A Bachelor's Degree.
- A minimum of 8 years consulting and/or industry experience,
- 5+ years of Power & Utilities Industry experience.
- MUST HAVE: Experience with Smart/Digital Grid technologies (GIS/ ADMS/ EMS )
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.).
- Ability to lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in overseeing the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Experience in developing and presenting proposals for business development activities.
- Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Willingness to mentor junior staff.
- Understanding of Power and Utility landscape
- "Solution" mindset
- Ability to analyze and apply industry trends
- Ability to interact at all levels of the client organization
- An advanced degree is preferred.
Power & Utilities Practice
The Power & Utilities sector is undergoing significant regulatory changes while shifts in outage management are causing industry leaders to rethink their governance models. Customer expectations for digital connectivity and ease of access are driving business process redesign around the customer experience. Connectivity to the grid is key, and companies are adopting new strategies for asset maintenance and more efficient methods of energy generation and distribution. Deloitte provides 88% of the Fortune 500 P&U companies with Consulting services now, but moving forward, we have launched a growth strategy to at least double our revenue over the next 3-5 years. By working with Deloitte's Offering Portfolios to update our mix of services to our clients (digital technologies, SAP HANA, Cloud, Grid and Operations technologies), we are committed to helping our clients work with newly empowered customers, hyper-connected digital ecosystems, and expansion in data
Core Industry Solutions Practice
Our Core Industry Solutions team focuses on encompassing industry vertical, power and utility specific solutions that leverages distinct technologies and solutions to drive operational change and new business models. We Incorporate expertise from across our firm to leverage common approaches, best practices, and strategic investments to scale these solutions according to industry strategy. Leverages industry offerings through alliance partner solutions and Deloitte solutions.
- Known in the market for a focus on transforming industry operations through industry technology solutions
- Demonstrate our commitment to our clients and alliance partners by commercializing cutting edge solutions in the Power and Utility industry
- Address the significant need for operational (and strategic) improvements to drive performance excellence and create new opportunities in the market