Manager, Operations (R450084)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we want-
- Network builders. Managers who build connections with other teams and divisions and coordinate cross-functional collaboration.
- Metrics-oriented managers. People who are always tracking important business metrics to ensure projects meet expectations and budget.
- Quality-focused team drivers. People who push their team to deliver the highest quality products and solutions in a timely manner.
What you will do-
You will facilitate a manufacturing team to produce focused quality products or to perform production processes as a vendor to other manufacturing teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure a consistently high level of quality and compliance to applicable regulatory requirements
- Provide strategic direction to team over 3 shifts to meet their daily production goals & milestones
- Engage in problem solving in complex situations and process improvements in streamlining work processes
- Manage the performance of team members including writing and delivering performance appraisals and taking disciplinary actions when warranted
- Own and deliver team’s annual budget
- Conduct interviews, hire and onboard employees while managing cell headcount
- Provide developmental opportunities & guidance for direct reports and ensure cross training
- Coach cell team in scheduling/planning, peer appraisals, and team interviewing
What you need-
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related disciple required
- 8+ years of related work experience required, preferably related to engineering/manufacturing
- 3+ years of experience managing and leading people required, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve exceptional results in quality and regulatory compliance
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to teach and coach individuals from diverse backgrounds with varying language and technical skills
- Prefer experience leading project teams and using project management tools
- Demonstrated computer skills and demonstrated knowledge of planning systems/approaches and measurement tools
- Demonstrated analytical skills with a high problem solving and process improvement orientation
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills; individual will present at all levels of the company
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.